Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 rear ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short- Model 3 was rear ended this morning. It was very low impact and I don't notice any cosmetic damages.

When I get off work I am going to check closer, and I will have a certified Tesla body shop look at it closer to see if any sensors were damaged as well.

Does anyone have any experience in a low impact fender bender like this? I am really hoping there are no damaged sensors.

Glad you weren't hurt. Good reminder that typical repairs and fixes could be more with all the technology integrated in. Can you give us feed back after on damages, cost and thoughts on insurance deductibles?

Reactions: lupend88
Glad you weren't hurt. Good reminder that typical repairs and fixes could be more with all the technology integrated in. Can you give us feed back after on damages, cost and thoughts on insurance deductibles?

I will let you know what the body shop says this afternoon. I am praying that they say there are no damages and I won't even have to get insurances involved.

Has anyone here been in an accident with no cosmetic damage yet some internal/sensor damage? Thats what I'm worried of.

Seen a few news stories online and on tv (one there last night on local channel) of how buyers of cars with all this new electronics can expect big repair bills if their sensors are damaged in an accident. Price I guess of being in a car that except for situations like rear-ending can save you from an accident or maybe help minimize a more serious one. Emphasis on more passenger safety than car body I think is well placed. Guess we can hope that with more cars with sensors being bought the unit cost of the sensors will come down. Doubt labor will.

OP hope you get off easy and the sensors are ok. Glad you weren't hurt in any event.

My car looks the exact same after the accident so not much purpose in posting pics :D

I was rear-ended a couple of months ago harder than what you described. My bumper had to get replaced but all my sensors were okay. A wire harness did get pinched as well though so that got swapped out.

I'm glad to know your sensors were ok. Like others have stated that is what I'm worried about when it comes to cost of repairing. I hope you walked away unharmed. I will let everyone know what the body shop says this evening after I meet with them.

I'm glad to know your sensors were ok. Like others have stated that is what I'm worried about when it comes to cost of repairing. I hope you walked away unharmed. I will let everyone know what the body shop says this evening after I meet with them.

Yup.. just a stiff neck and a week of not having my car. I think a lot of it depends on where you get hit... I had my kids walk around the card afterwards to make sure all the proximity sensors were working.