Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 rebate problem in Canada on 2020 models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my model 3 on oct 10, and recently got a delivery date . Now Tesla is saying I can’t take delivery because they’re having problems getting rebates for 2020 models . Anybody else having this problem?

I haven't got the Vin yet ordered 10/10= Vancouver.

But I did hear the same from my REP that they are awaiting for rebate approval. I can see on the list other cars models already have 2020 approved, why didn't Tesla think about it earlier? instead of making their customer wait. even Chervolet has their 2020 approved.

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

If you are a dealership, please note that the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles Program (iZEV Program) continues to process claim applications on a first-come-first-served basis. Due to the high error rate of applications received early on, the program is currently experiencing a delay in processing claims received. We apologize for any inconvenience as a result of this delay. We are working as expeditiously as possible to clear the backlog and process claims in a timely manner. Please note that we are currently processing claims submitted the week of September 23rd.

From this point forward, please log into your account and go to the “My Requests” tab to see the status of the claims you have submitted. Please note that we will no longer be responding to emails requesting a status update. However, if you believe there may be an issue with the processing of your claim (e.g., it does not have a status of “waiting for information” and was submitted prior to the period of claims we are currently processing, referenced in the previous paragraph), we will look into the matter and respond to your email as required.

For claims marked “information required”, please note that as of September 19, 2019, we have been contacting you by email to inform you of what is missing or what needs to be clarified in order to finish processing your claim. Over the course of the coming weeks, we will be working towards ensuring that every dealership with a request marked “information required” receives an email to this effect. Please make sure to check your mailbox including the junk mail to ensure you receive these emails.

Please note that we continue to experience a very high volume of emails which has caused a delay in responding to emails addressed to the iZEV program mailbox. Our goal is to provide a response within 10 business days.

I’ve posted in the waiting room but thought it’d be useful here as well. The rebate issue has now been resolved as both federal and provincial vehicle eligibility lists have been updated with 2020 model year.

Hope your deliveries go well!