TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Refresh?!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by captain_sahaj, Oct 8, 2020.

1. valaeyron

valaeyron Member

true. and depending on how those usb ports are situated, you may have a to be a bit more careful sliding stuff in and out, or have to disconnect/reconnect to be sure you don't bend something too much.

Either way, the 2020 Q2/Q3 "semi-refresh" with 3x usb-c and the wireless pad were pretty close, aesthetics aside, just for the center console. I'm happy I didn't wait.

2. srk67

srk67 Member

Doesn't the Y have two?

Edi: Pretty sure the X has two as well

3. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

It's also possible that the pocket currently housing the door is now open space increasing storage in the space immediately in front of the cup holders. So overall volume may be similar but just a different shape which will work out better for some and worse for some.

• Like x 1
  4. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

On my friend's 2019 X, left is motorized, right side is passive. Only one of the struts has a power cable but other than that they look alike.

5. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

Is it a newer cost cutting method by Tesla? I coulda sworn they both had double power struts

6. srk67

srk67 Member

Ahh, that makes sense. I wish they made both look alike here, potential aftermarket accessory?

7. Callahan27

Callahan27 Member

Has anyone seen any pictures posted of the 20” performance wheels yet? I’m curious of the color in person

8. tintinfish

tintinfish Member

Can someone explain how double laminated glass reduce noise? When I drive on the freeway, I only hear tire/road noise, don’t you need some kind of underbody insulation for those noises?

9. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

Not sure but I found this parts diagram for the S and seems to show 1 powered strut and 1 passive. model S trunk.jpg

• Informative x 1
  10. EVMeister

EVMeister Lover of Tesla

They're the same as the Model Y Uberturbines (plenty of pictures of them), just smaller.

11. TimothyHW3

TimothyHW3 Member

Same on Model Y. But they look the same on the outside
    Liftgate power strut LH
    1500601-00-A Over-the-Counter(No VIN) $0.00 1

Liftgate assist strut RH
    1500602-00-A Over-the-Counter(No VIN) $0.00 1

But the picture of that 3 shows one gas strut that looks different. No idea, Model 3 is not updated yet in the parts catalogue.

• Like x 1
  12. Mark57

Mark57 Member

I'm in the camp of waiting for actual vehicles being delivered so we can know for sure. That wait should not be much longer now. I'm still ordering two M3 AWD LR's about November 1st whether it has the laminated glass or not.

13. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

Oh. One is a fake power strut lol. That makes sense. From looking outside in you woulda never known. In the model 3 pic it looks like a gas strut that we currently have.

14. TimothyHW3

TimothyHW3 Member

The struts on the trunk on the Y are also longer. Maybe they cut some corners with the 3 and left a gas strut. Who knows, wouldn't matter much.

15. TheRFMan

TheRFMan Member

#575 TheRFMan, Oct 18, 2020 at 11:53 AM
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 12:07 PM
    Just noticed something interesting about tires. In pretty much every country, the P now comes with Pirelli tires. Except Canada, where we still have the Pilot 4S. I guess we're special.

16. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

I looked around online a bit and think that it's industry standard for power liftgates/trunks to only have one powered strut and the other passive. Here's a pic of a set for a 2011-19 Mercedes GLE:

mercedes strut.jpg

So maybe the aftermarket guys like TeslaOffer are over-engineering with 2 power struts.

• Informative x 1
  17. EAV1

EAV1 Member

Estimated delivery month of the M3 has now changed to February on the Finland site. Some of the updates are cool, but thank god I did not wait for them!

18. yeahhtrue

yeahhtrue Member

thought about it, but rental for a month or more would be expensive whereas this is getting me a slightly better price than I initially planned. The Tesla was a hard enough sell to the wife lol. I’d like the heat pump for efficiency but other than that the other changes are a non-issue for me

19. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

If there's the slightest chance she could change her mind, lock it in now! lol Kidding aside, a revised one would also have better resale later but I totally get your situation. No matter current or revised, it'll still be a great car that you will enjoy!

• Like x 1
  20. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

Looks like you do live in a cold state. I highly suggest you get one with a heat pump. Normal driving most of us are realistically around 220-240 real miles without one. During cold weather you’re only gonna get 160ish miles. Don’t go off EPA miles. I’d suggest reading or asking someone local on their “real” miles.

• Like x 1