Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good review - nice to hear from an unbiased "car guy."

One thing I found odd: Can you really not open the trunk when it's charging? I plan on keeping mine plugged in whenever it's in the garage, but not being able to load or unload the trunk is a bit of an issue.

Edit - heard from one of the owners over on the M3 owners club, she says that the trunk can definitely be opened while the charge port is open (at least physically by pressing the button on the trunk and from the app, she is going to check from the center screen UI). So thankfully not a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 206er
I think its the other way around, Doug says you can't open the charge door if the trunk is already open...Pretty sure you can open the trunk with the charge door already open. (but since he didn't do this in the video and I don't have one can't say for sure)

That would be a ridiculous design mistake for Tesla to make. I guess Doug just misspoke.

I think its the other way around, Doug says you can't open the charge door if the trunk is already open...Pretty sure you can open the trunk with the charge door already open. (but since he didn't do this in the video and I don't have one can't say for sure)
Owners on the Model 3 owners club forum have confirmed that he was wrong. The charge door and trunk don’t interfere with each other.