Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Munro Associates Review of 2024 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I am saying is, we don’t know whether they were comparing the Long Range Highlander to the old Model 3 RWD or LR...
Got it. I picked another spot in the video to re-watch, don't wanna watch the whole thing again. Towards the beginning he's driving over the rough road. He's says it's much better than the "other Model 3 they have". From what the video is about and how he talks, he is definitely comparing Highland to its predecessor.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Got it. I picked another spot in the video to re-watch, don't wanna watch the whole thing again. Towards the beginning he's driving over the rough road. He's says it's much better than the "other Model 3 they have". From what the video is about and how he talks, he is definitely comparing Highland to its predecessor.
I’m not so sure....they were all enthusing about it’s increased performance....that would be easier to explain if they were comparing a dual motor to a single

I’m not so sure....they were all enthusing about it’s increased performance....that would be easier to explain if they were comparing a dual motor to a single
perhaps, but that wouldn’t affect anything other than. The performance, would it? Even if they were testing a performance model highland with a ‘sport tuned’ suspension it was still markedly better than the old suspension to which he was comparing it.

Lol. Nice attempt at casting me as a luddite. If I was opposed to change I wouldn’t have purchased an EV.

Implicit in your statement is the assumption that all change is good. Clearly this is false and changes must be evaluated on their merits. I certainly hope you don’t jump at every new thing that comes by just because it’s ‘a change.’

Removing the stalks saves a few dollars (at the same time necessitating additional money on other wiring and switches for gear selector and additional switches on the steering wheel.) In doing so, it needlessly complicates the controls and compromises safety.

P.s. there are still a few thing for which analog still works better!
Tesla spends B$$ on R&D while you're regurgitating your frustration on stalkless without trying/experience. Never mind there'll be horse carriage in somewhere in this world in 2030.

Sure, many people did. I never claimed no one would buy a car without stalks, either, but there were plenty of people who didn’t so they started offering the choice. It turned out when people had the choice very few people actually wanted the yoke and now the wheel is standard and the yoke is an extra $1000. Yeah, some people are daft enough to pay $1000 for an inferior control, but to each their own.

There’s no reason Tesla couldn’t offer a choice with the stalks (or put the buttons on the steering wheel so people could use whichever they wanted.)

Maybe you don’t know what the word “literally” means from your prior post? How do you quantify how many people didn’t buy a car because of a specific feature, especially when they basically sell every one they make?

perhaps, but that wouldn’t affect anything other than. The performance, would it? Even if they were testing a performance model highland with a ‘sport tuned’ suspension it was still markedly better than the old suspension to which he was comparing it.
Oh, I have no doubt that the Highland is a much nicer, better performing, more refined car than its predecessor....it’s just an anomaly that I noticed on the video....not a big deal

Reactions: sleepydoc
Nice review but he lost me when he said: "Fog lights? I do not use fog lights!"

I actually prefer cars with dedicated fog lights and was kind of disappointed that they do not have them on the refreshed Model 3

Sure, many people did. I never claimed no one would buy a car without stalks, either, but there were plenty of people who didn’t so they started offering the choice. It turned out when people had the choice very few people actually wanted the yoke and now the wheel is standard and the yoke is an extra $1000. Yeah, some people are daft enough to pay $1000 for an inferior control, but to each their own.
I and many others prefer the Yoke. A lot of people who never drove the car for some reason hated the yoke. Maybe those people liked to put their hands in the unsafe position above the center line where it could break their wrists or worse if the airbag deploys. The Yoke is a safer design.

I expect the main reason Tesla switched to the round as standard was because of a durability issue with the yoke and not the complainers. Once that problem appeared, they realized they would have to replace most of them with a new improved design (now starting to be shipped). There was no way they wanted to have this extra expense, so they charged $1000 to discourage Yoke purchases. I suspect in the next 6 months, they will return to making round or yoke a no-cost option now that they have a replacement design.

Maybe those people liked to put their hands in the unsafe position above the center line where it could break their wrists or worse if the airbag deploys. The Yoke is a safer design.
And that is one of the biggest loads of crap ever promulgated on a web forum, primarily by people trying to rationalize the yoke.

Do you have actual evidence or are you just parroting the same tripe you've read here? I've actually looked and there is zero evidence for the claim. I looked for data on wrist/arm injury from steering wheels. The only data I could find was not related to airbags and certainly didn't have any data on hand position. I've also looked at the expansion pattern of airbags when they deploy. There is no consistent pattern among vehicles and it very much depends on the steering wheel design but the one consistency I found was a general outward force that would be the same no matter where you hands are positioned.

I've refuted all of the hollow arguments for the yoke in other threads so I won't repeat them here; I think another poster put it best when s/he said "the yoke has some significant issues and it's not for everyone but I like it in spite of the issues." If you like it, fine - just don't claim it's safer.

Nice review with a bit more technical bent

Munro used to be tech-minded, but lost his touch (and key staff) a while back.
Now he just verbally pleasures Elon at every turn.,
This time around, over a loner (Cali MFG plate) Model 3. The review is pure fluff. The opposite of technical or quantifiable.

The "new" model is quicker and more responsive than "old"?
"Somehow the vehicle felt different. It feels tuned".
New car is "more ergonomic and more artistic". "Driving it is a real pleasure".

The rest of the review is a menagerie of minor nitpicks on trunk harness attachment, door hinges, glass lamination, and frunk injection molding shape.
Munro produced did EXACTLY what Tesla wanted him to do in exchange for loaning him a car.

Waste viewers time with useless platitudes.

a

This time around, over a loner (Cali MFG plate) Model 3. The review is pure fluff. The opposite of technical or quantifiable.

The rest of the review is a menagerie of minor nitpicks on trunk harness attachment, door hinges, glass lamination, and frunk injection molding shape.
Munro produced did EXACTLY what Tesla wanted him to do in exchange for loaning him a car.

a
Maybe the car is nice

a
where are or is your pictures with or in Cybertruck?