Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody sent any money through to Tesla yet as a bank transfer?
- I’ve just sent £5 through to the details provided on the ‘Wire Transfer’ page so hopefully will show up as a deduction soon? Out of curiosity though, my banking app said that it couldn’t verify the bank details, has anyone had this? Secondly, am I meant to wait for a text from Tesla to request payment or was me just sending through some money fine?

- I’ve just sent £5 through to the details provided on the ‘Wire Transfer’ page so hopefully will show up as a deduction soon? Out of curiosity though, my banking app said that it couldn’t verify the bank details, has anyone had this? Secondly, am I meant to wait for a text from Tesla to request payment or was me just sending through some money fine?
Yes
It can vary how long it takes to show , usually it’s pretty quick and does show in the app each individual payment and date it cleared.

My banking app couldn’t verify either.

No harm in paying early but no reason to either. Good to test with a small amount. My app was saying please make payment to avoid delays so I paid it all.

Yes
It can vary how long it takes to show , usually it’s pretty quick and does show in the app each individual payment and date it cleared.

My banking app couldn’t verify either.

No harm in paying early but no reason to either. Good to test with a small amount. My app was saying please make payment to avoid delays so I paid it all.
@Danzr amazing thank you! That certainly gives me a sigh of relief. Things seem to be happening pretty quickly now. Still awaiting an official VIN and the reg text but that’ll come soon enough. Just glad to have confirmed my delivery date. Let the accessory ordering commence!

I had similar recently

If you scroll back a few pages it usually takes around 1hour for the transfer to show on the app

When I write my reg number for the insurance quotes it still says that the REG I wrote doesn’t match any car.. anyone else having this issue?
Tesla are pre-allocated blocks of numbers which they assign to cars. Only when they are collected (or the day before at the earliest) do they register it with the DVLA. I don't know how long it then takes the insurance companies to get access to that DVLA data but you will not get an insurance company to confirm your registration number until it has been delivered/collected.

You need to manually enter information, and may need to potentially call the company if their website cannot cope.

Just spoke with Tesla as I made large deposit during last week and another on the weekend, the first appeared within a hour and the one on the weekend hasn’t come through yet, they mentioned that weekend transfers are delayed so will take a few days to appear.

I believe they register the cars on the day of collection, or certainly not until they're in the country. The reg numbers they give on the texts must just be them getting organized and assigning then in preparation.

Tesla are pre-allocated blocks of numbers which they assign to cars. Only when they are collected (or the day before at the earliest) do they register it with the DVLA. I don't know how long it then takes the insurance companies to get access to that DVLA data but you will not get an insurance company to confirm your registration number until it has been delivered/collected.

You need to manually enter information, and may need to potentially call the company if their website cannot cope.
Understood! Thanks for the clarification 👍🏻

I've had a text with:

Tesla Action Required - You've chosen your payment method as cash for your Model 3. If you plan to use another payment method, such as third-party lending, please ask your lender to send your invoice request to [email protected]. We require payment 7 days in advance of your collection. Failure to do so will result in a delay to your collection.

Still no collection date yet though....
Same here, checked with Trafford Centre, I need do nothing as nothing has changed.