Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they bring the dates forward, the mrs is getting impatient and trying to suggest we get a niro ev instead 😒
In the face of extensions to EDDs, I too have explored my options with regards to alternatives and have even visited dealers prepared to be swayed in their direction … the conclusion I have reached however is that there are essentially 3 types of vehicle out there:

a) non-EV
b) EV
c) Tesla

There are plenty of options available in a) and b), but there is only Tesla in option c) … 😉

Last edited:
In the face of extensions to EDDs, I too have explored my options with regards to alternatives and have even visited dealers prepared to be swayed in their direction … the conclusion I have reached however is that there are essentially 3 types of vehicle out there:

a) non-EV
b) EV
c) Tesla

There are plenty of options available in a) and b), but there is only Tesla in option c) … 😉
Yeah to add other manufactures EDD are in excess of a year!

Reactions: LoneRanger

a) non-EV
b) EV
c) Tesla

Given the price increase, I assume you locked your price in?

Given the price increase, I assume you locked your price in?
Yes, thankfully … interesting point though … because it is probably the case that c) should have probably read ‘this Tesla’. I am not entirely convinced that I would have made the same decision to purchase at the current price, i.e. I probably would have considered other EVs, including the Kia Nero EV, on affordability alone. I would have always thought that the Tesla is the more desirable though. I am glad I have one on order for sure, and will wait patiently knowing it is a good buy at the price we paid at the time of purchase. 😀

Reactions: sonicc
Yes, thankfully … interesting point though … because it is probably the case that c) should have probably read ‘this Tesla’. I am not entirely convinced that I would have made the same decision to purchase at the current price, i.e. I probably would have considered other EVs, including the Kia Nero EV, on affordability alone. I would have always thought that the Tesla is the more desirable though. I am glad I have one on order for sure, and will wait patiently knowing it is a good buy at the price we paid at the time of purchase. 😀
The Tesla loan APR increase and the price increase would have been a deal breaker for me! The earlier price increase already caught us, we test drove on a Saturday, spent a week contemplating and doing all the figures, then by the time we came to order the following Saturday the price went up by £2k... doh!

01 Jul 22 Daily Update.

So Q3 is now underway...

MORNING PEACE has now arrived in Zeebrugge. I'm not sure she will have many, if any, Teslas left onboard after unloading stops in Barcelona and Southampton. She also spent a long time loading in Southampton's Eastern Docks which makes me think her Tesla work was completed in Southampton.

Over in Shanghai the GF is now closed until 05 Jul and Model Y production will not restart until 18 Jul at which point Model 3 production will cease until 06 Aug. As a result of all this reconfiguring production should be able to increase to around 2000 MY and 1100 M3 daily.

Nevertheless it seems that Australia is finally preparing to receive a shipment of MY. MORNING CLARA which departs on 10 Jul would have previously been the likely vessel for them however GRAND MARK is also heading to BNE, PK and MEL.
There are a suprisingly high number of RoRo services scheduled to run from Shanghai to Australia over the coming weeks. It would be good to learn the Australian EDDs to nail down the possible ships. PAGANELLA remains the most likely ship for NZ.

MORNING CHORUS is almost certainly a Tesla charter and she will depart on 16 Jul and arrive in Southampton on 11 Aug and Zeebrugge on 14 Aug. I'm struggling to find any likely departures before this one and so she could be the 1st ship of Q3 to UK/EU however it's still early days!

Otherwise I'm keeping an eye on GLOVIS SUMMIT which should arrive in Shanghai around 13 Jul. She will be heading to Europe but whether it will be with Teslas onboard remains to be seen.
I might be clutching at straws here but if Morning Chorus is a Tesla ship and they will only be producing M3s between 5th-18th Jul then hopefully we will see some RWDs?! Surely we are due some since we've only heard of 1x RWD being delivered in Q2?

I might be clutching at straws here but if Morning Chorus is a Tesla ship and they will only be producing M3s between 5th-18th Jul then hopefully we will see some RWDs?! Surely we are due some since we've only heard of 1x RWD being delivered in Q2?
My understanding is that they are closing Shanghai GF completely so no cars are being made. Model Y production will begin again 18/7 and Model 3 being restarted on 6/8

Doesn’t it take at least 5-6 weeks from ships leaving Shanghai to customers taking delivery in the UK? If so there is only a very small window for any model 3’s being delivered before Q3 end.

Reactions: Millenium101
Yeah I would have heavily considered another car brand. Yeah the Tesla will absolutely hold its value. Yeah let’s keep each other sane my family are sick of me mentioning it everyday!

My understanding is that they are closing Shanghai GF completely so no cars are being made. Model Y production will begin again 18/7 and Model 3 being restarted on 6/8

Doesn’t it take at least 5-6 weeks from ships leaving Shanghai to customers taking delivery in the UK? If so there is only a very small window for any model 3’s being delivered before Q3 end.
I thought that they were going to do it in two phases.. so whilst the Y line is being upgraded M3s will still be built. Then when Y is done they resume production and then M3 line will go down for upgrade.
16th July could potentially be filled with M3s. I'm going to remain quietly optimistic!

I thought that they were going to do it in two phases.. so whilst the Y line is being upgraded M3s will still be built. Then when Y is done they resume production and then M3 line will go down for upgrade.
16th July could potentially be filled with M3s. I'm going to remain quietly optimistic!
If they are going to be upgrading the lines does that mean there will be improvements to cars coming after the upgrade? I suppose it could also be to increase output but seems like a good time to do it.

Reactions: Millenium101