Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure that’s the case if Ireland are due to get a load of them in the next few months. I ordered around three weeks ago and the edd moved from Jan/feb to aug/sep. I’m still weary about that but they rang me on Saturday to ask me to complete the online process which makes me think the edd might be correct.

I’m not sure that’s the case if Ireland are due to get a load of them in the next few months. I ordered around three weeks ago and the edd moved from Jan/feb to aug/sep. I’m still weary about that but they rang me on Saturday to ask me to complete the online process which makes me think the edd might be correct.
If you only ordered a RWD 3 weeks ago and get it in august I will be very very surprised. Some people in here have been waiting near 12 months.

I've just asked Tesla via the live chat about my RN number and they've said that "I can see that we could be looking at possibly September as an estimate". I'm keeping everything crossed that this indicates Q3 shipments to the UK.

Is
When did you order? And what is your current EDD in the app?
It's in my signature. I've ordered via a lease company so nothing shows in the app until you get the car.

"Ordered a Model 3 RWD via Octopus EV salary sacrifice. White, Black Interior, 18" Aero. Ordered 1st April but was allocated a "pre-price increase" car from a bulk order they had placed earlier in the year. EDD now likely to be Q3/Q4."

Will our warp-drive Teslas be limited to 70mph with the new legislation coming in tomorrow … does anyone know?
No idea what your talking about, please elaborate! 😂
There are some new regulations coming into force tomorrow, which in the EU means that a car that is going faster than the speed limit will be automatically slowed down … the implications for the UK seem vague … apparently affects all new cars sold from July onwards, no plans yet to retrofit to older cars. It might be new models of car …. it all seems vague tbh, and I can’t find anything definitive, so I wondered if anyone else knew..

There are some new regulations coming into force tomorrow, which in the EU means that a car that is going faster than the speed limit will be automatically slowed down … the implications for the UK seem vague … apparently affects all new cars sold from July onwards, no plans yet to retrofit to older cars. It might be new models of car …. it all seems vague tbh, and I can’t find anything definitive, so I wondered if anyone else knew..
It's only for new models, not new sales of existing models so won't apply until Telsa does a refresh that needs EU type-approval.

The manufacturer can choose how to alert the driver, which can just be a beep or vibration rather than actually slowing down the car and the driver can override.

I've not seen anything official from the government but it seems that the UK isn't going to adopt this anyway (and hopefully Tesla doesn't push out the same code to everyone in Europe).

Reactions: LoneRanger