Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello :) I’m joining this hangout if I may. Ordered 1st July so don’t have my hopes up for anything in 2022!

Currently have a Renault Zoe since 2018 so not new to EV’s.

I’ve ordered M3 White Black Aero via my employers salary sacrifice scheme.

I had tried to order a new Zoe but fleet were slow to place the order and when they went to do it only base spec was available which I didn’t want so took it as a sign to go for my dream car!! Interestingly there was ‘only’ £100 pcm difference - £25 effectively per week for a Tesla - seemed a no brainer to me.

Think I’ll be on this forum a while - EDD April- June 2023 😆

Hello :) I’m joining this hangout if I may. Ordered 1st July so don’t have my hopes up for anything in 2022!

Currently have a Renault Zoe since 2018 so not new to EV’s.

I’ve ordered M3 White Black Aero via my employers salary sacrifice scheme.

I had tried to order a new Zoe but fleet were slow to place the order and when they went to do it only base spec was available which I didn’t want so took it as a sign to go for my dream car!! Interestingly there was ‘only’ £100 pcm difference - £25 effectively per week for a Tesla - seemed a no brainer to me.

Think I’ll be on this forum a while - EDD April- June 2023 😆
Welcome!

Reactions: LoneRanger
Existing RWD orders being completely ignored. Pure speculation but there has been 2x price increases totalling over £5k which I suspect Tesla is trying not to deliver on.

My order was made in January (before price increases) with a current EDD of November-December

I think they’re trying to get as many RWD’s orders to cancel or upgrade to more expensive models
It's annoying how the EDDs of the LR are coming forward and none of us have seen a single move. It's a shame their customer service is so poor that we can't get a single meaningful update apart from the usual "lockdown affected orders"

It's annoying how the EDDs of the LR are coming forward and none of us have seen a single move. It's a shame their customer service is so poor that we can't get a single meaningful update apart from the usual "lockdown affected orders"
Yep. RWD is deffo at the back of their list now for priority. They probably have the smaller profit margin on the RWD so will not be in any rush to make them over the LR and P

Believe me, I am not trying to freak anyone out at all, but I suspect a Tesla reservation does not actually constitute a contract … I seem to recall some precedence for non-delivery of Teslas in the dark recesses of my mind …

Believe me, I am not trying to freak anyone out at all, but I suspect a Tesla reservation does not actually constitute a contract … I seem to recall some precedence for non-delivery of Teslas in the dark recesses of my mind …
If they cancel my order then I'll be expecting a LR at the original price pre price rise 😬 I'll have to read the terms and conditions though to see what the small print says

I have no doubt the car will turn up. Just a long wait for it. Ultimately I think keeping a cheaper Tesla option is needed to push EV purchases to the wider population. In my opinion Tesla should be trying to reduce the Costs as much as possible to make it more appealing. Majority of people don’t go out and spend 60k on a car

But the other thing that doesn't make sense is people in Ireland having Aug/September EDDs but not the UK. You'd think if they were producing RH RWDs they'd send some to the UK too since we got practically none in Q2, however our EDDs suggest Q3 won't be any better...

But the other thing that doesn't make sense is people in Ireland having Aug/September EDDs but not the UK. You'd think if they were producing RH RWDs they'd send some to the UK too since we got practically none in Q2, however our EDDs suggest Q3 won't be any better...
Only thing I can think of is that lease companies etc have ordered thousands of cars which they're prioritising over single orders

yeah it’s odd that they don’t just keep the RWD production running and clear a load of back log. But again I’m taking the EDD with a pinch of salt, I’ve seen some peoples EDD showing october/November and suddenly get a call for collection in june

Reactions: Ashdeman
yeah it’s odd that they don’t just keep the RWD production running and clear a load of back log. But again I’m taking the EDD with a pinch of salt, I’ve seen some peoples EDD showing october/November and suddenly get a call for collection in june
They sell 2 to 3 times as many LRs compared to RWD, so perhaps they should clear the back log on that first? All the M3s are constrained.

Lots of different factors will influence production and allocation e.g. availability of parts related to LFP battery post lockdown.

The latest drone footage showed a large proportion of non white cars which ties in with those that have seen EDD come in.

I went for a test drive in Leeds this morning on this glorious sunny day.
Absolutely loved it - except when I was indicating the indicators wouldn’t go off. A chap at the traffic lights shouted over to me to tell me and I had to shout back ‘I’m just having a test drive I don’t know what I’m doing 😂

Made my Renault Zoe (which I thought was fast) feel like a bag of plastic spanners afterwards 😢

I would say take the edd with a pinch of salt too. They move around so much and you may get a pleasant surprise.

There are definitely positives, one I constantly remind myself of is saving £5,500 on todays price had i stalled on ordering. That is a lot!
And who knows we may get a newer update or feature when they arrive ;)

Reactions: Millenium101
I went for a test drive in Leeds this morning on this glorious sunny day.
Absolutely loved it - except when I was indicating the indicators wouldn’t go off. A chap at the traffic lights shouted over to me to tell me and I had to shout back ‘I’m just having a test drive I don’t know what I’m doing 😂

Made my Renault Zoe (which I thought was fast) feel like a bag of plastic spanners afterwards 😢
Apparently the indicators do take some getting used to 😂