Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a recent trip to Scotland I drove past this small EV charging only ‘station’

They must have had 10 EV chargers set up with no shop or kiosk on site. It makes me wonder how much longer until we start seeing these pop up in the rest of the UK.

I live in the south east and don’t know of any my way

A RWD with an August date, probably has a VIN in source I'd imagine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220720-095814_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220720-095814_Facebook.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 58
Nope s/he put order couple of weeks back! Their EDD was March 2023 but they got matched! IIRC the config is rwd blue 18
Ahh ignore me, I misunderstood. I thought you meant they ordered in August last year and only just been allocated a car!
Surely there must be cars coming to the UK that will match with us then?! How does it make sense to match someone who's been waiting a few weeks and leave people that have been waiting 7 months 😂 I appreciate its ireland and comes via a different route but its still a RHD car 🤷‍♂️

The reasons as to why Ireland are getting cars earlier than the rest of the UK must be due to logistical reasons.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about what Emma or any other Tesla rep says on live chat… that information is about as reliable as a chocolate tea pot 😅 with that said….

My optimism for a car this quarter is at an all time low. Normally the EDD’s would start to narrow to a 2-3 week window by now (assuming our cars were being delivered within the next 5 weeks).

Ships take the best part of 5 weeks to get from Shanghai to the UK which makes our chances of delivery this quarter almost zero.

Reactions: M3UK
The reasons as to why Ireland are getting cars earlier than the rest of the UK must be due to logistical reasons.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about what Emma or any other Tesla rep says on live chat… that information is about as reliable as a chocolate tea pot 😅 with that said….

My optimism for a car this quarter is at an all time low. Normally the EDD’s would start to narrow to a 2-3 week window by now (assuming our cars were being delivered within the next 5 weeks).

Ships take the best part of 5 weeks to get from Shanghai to the UK which makes our chances of delivery this quarter almost zero.
I wonder if Morning Chorus has even started allocating vins yet. They haven't docked in Singapore to refuel yet and won't make it Suez until 5th August so it's probably a month+ until some are ready to be collected.
Considering the ship should be depositing thousands of teslas in the UK I'd be expecting a lot more excited people on the various M3P/LR forums!
Mr Miserable believes there may be another ship already on way for Ireland which makes sense as some of the EDDs are very tight for them to be Morning Chorus.

I wonder if Morning Chorus has even started allocating vins yet. They haven't docked in Singapore to refuel yet and won't make it Suez until 5th August so it's probably a month+ until some are ready to be collected.
Considering the ship should be depositing thousands of teslas in the UK I'd be expecting a lot more excited people on the various M3P/LR forums!
Mr Miserable believes there may be another ship already on way for Ireland which makes sense as some of the EDDs are very tight for them to be Morning Chorus.
A lot of Ireland (With VIN discoverable) have seen their EDD move today to Aug 19th to Sept 2nd from what was earlier August which would be more consistent with Morning Chorus itinerary