Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Model 3 RWD on the 4 January 2022 and phoned Zen Auto on Monday who then contacted Tesla who now say November after been saying estimate is September for the last two months. Decided to phone Tesla and their now saying September again which ties up with the August ship arrivals. I'm now beginning to think that Zen or even Tesla are giving the dearer more recent customer orders precedent over the cheaper older orders to bump up their profits. What do you guys think. Could they be doing this?

Ordered my Model 3 RWD on the 4 January 2022 and phoned Zen Auto on Monday who then contacted Tesla who now say November after been saying estimate is September for the last two months. Decided to phone Tesla and their now saying September again which ties up with the August ship arrivals. I'm now beginning to think that Zen or even Tesla are giving the dearer more recent customer orders precedent over the cheaper older orders to bump up their profits. What do you guys think. Could they be doing this?
It wouldn't surprise me with Tesla.

Leasing is actually a means of saving money and then we use the reduced monthly cost towards the next car. All grantees that your have the funds for the next vehicle.
When I priced it up the difference was about £80-100 a month. If you factor in the car is now worth £5500 more and second hand Tesla’s are selling for more than a brand new one, I can’t see how leasing can be “cheaper”

But whatever each to their own… everyone’s financial situations are different

Allegedly 8 ships this quarter for Europe from Shanghai.
26k cars, excluding the UK according to allegedly leaked info:

There's suggestions now by MrMiserable that the ship enroute to Southampton may only have 1500 cars for the UK which is a pathetic amount considering the backlog! By the looks of it our EDDs are probably accurate and we'll get minimal cars for the UK this Q

I thought he was saying there's likely some UK-bound ships we are yet to spot.. but may have misinterpreted in hope!
I imagine there will be some more ships for the UK but that they'll be mainly model Y given the M3 production is down until 6th August or so. This means they'll have a week or two to produce cars for the UK and europe before export production stops and they just produce for China.
After this I dont imagine production for UK/Europe will start again until October with first ships arriving mid November. It looks like they're not too bothered with the UK M3s in Q3 and may make us cars in Q4.

When I priced it up the difference was about £80-100 a month. If you factor in the car is now worth £5500 more and second hand Tesla’s are selling for more than a brand new one, I can’t see how leasing can be “cheaper”

But whatever each to their own… everyone’s financial situations are different

But whatever each to their own… everyone’s financial situations are

I’m saving £9000 over the 4 year lease and paying £14000 less than I would on finance so this is a guaranteed resale value.

I went with the loan for the cheaper APR and have it over 6 years to bring the monthly costs down. I am putting 10k down though. I doubt I'm going to keep the car for 6 years though, hoping second hand prices stay as they are and maybe swapping it for LR in a couple of years when I have more equity in it.

When I looked at lease deals they were only about £80 cheaper per month than what I will be paying, granted the deposit was only about 4k though.

Each to their own and all depends on your circumstances. For me personally leasing didn't make sense.

Reactions: partywme

I managed to order my M3 before the price increases for £400 a month from Zen Auto and this means I have a spare £300 a month compared to the same car on finance. Most will never pay the balloon payment of own a new car so its always best to think this way and obtain a car as cheaply as possible and use what you save with a lease on the next car.

Last edited: