Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cant imagine they will leave the car sitting there for months so where will they end up? The RHD market is kind of limited
I can easily imagine vehicles hanging around until the next UK ship. It's not like it's unusual for European manufacturers to take 4-6 weeks between factory gate and landing a vehicle in the UK, and Shanghai is much further away with a much longer sea journey.

I can easily imagine vehicles hanging around until the next UK ship. It's not like it's unusual for European manufacturers to take 4-6 weeks between factory gate and landing a vehicle in the UK, and Shanghai is much further away with a much longer sea journey.
Would they just leave them sitting at the port for that 4-6weeks? Elon needs to give up with this pointless end of quarter push and just have a constant flow of ships to Europe. I'll be interested to see if the Q3 delivery figures are as poor as Q2

These EDD changes are nonsensical really. So I started racking my mind how it could possibly be caused and I came up with a currency and interest rate theory. They look at the forward prices in the currency exchanges, take the entire world stack of orders and reallocate them against the supply situation and shipping options to maximise the income. Every few days/weeks the currencies and shipping timing moves around and they issue a new set of build dates. I mean it has to be something with this kind of silliness to be so random.......

Tesla won’t build them if they don’t have a ship. They need to (want to) sell everything they make in the same quarter to satisfy Wall Street, so they would have switched production to a different market.