Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn’t mention removal for cars produced I. Shanghai yet
Text seems clear enough to cover Shanghai over the next few months (“globally”)

Today, we are taking the next step in Tesla Vision by removing ultrasonic sensors (USS) from Model 3 and Model Y. We will continue this rollout with Model 3 and Model Y, globally, over the next few months, followed by Model S and Model X in 2023.

Text seems clear enough to cover Shanghai over the next few months (“globally”)
It does seem pretty clear that right now vehicles produced in Shanghai are not affected. If you get a Q4 delivery it’s very likely going to have the ultrasonic sensors.

Edit it’s cars produced for Shanghai not in - my bad. Already affecting Europe but again a Q4 delivery should not be affected

Last edited:
After a week of utterly nonsensical runaround with “Tesla And The EDD Of Q2/2023 Doom” my Dad finally had enough and has cancelled his RWD order; he simply can’t wait that long for his replacement vehicle. I can’t imagine Tesla are too worried about losing his custom, they certainly didn’t seem to give a single shirt over the last week!

He’s found himself a nice Kia Niro that he’ll be picking up in late November instead. Not my cup of tea personally, but I don’t have to drive it!

All the best to everyone here with their EDD’s.

After a week of utterly nonsensical runaround with “Tesla And The EDD Of Q2/2023 Doom” my Dad finally had enough and has cancelled his RWD order; he simply can’t wait that long for his replacement vehicle. I can’t imagine Tesla are too worried about losing his custom, they certainly didn’t seem to give a single shirt over the last week!

He’s found himself a nice Kia Niro that he’ll be picking up in late November instead. Not my cup of tea personally, but I don’t have to drive it!

All the best to everyone here with their EDD’s.
There's a red RWD demo in stock now with less than 50 miles if that helps. New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

In the M3 LR waiting room,
"Model 3 LR | MSM | White Interior | 18" Aero
Ordered 28/02/2022 - Est. Delivery November 12th - December 27th
now moved to Jan - Mar 23"

Looks like MSM is taking a hit if an LR is also not being built on time
Another MSM order here albeit for the RWD, standard wheels and interior. I ordered in April, the lease company is still saying November but I have basically zero hope now.

Fully expecting a message over the next couple of weeks saying that it'll be moved to next year.

It is interesting how Tesla's do change over time ... when I first put my order in the unknowns then were whether or not the car would have the LFP battery, heat pump, lumbar support for passenger, lithium 12v battery, AMD Ryzen chip, heated everything including wheel and wipers (yesterday, it occurred to me that I hadn't seen anything associated with the heated wipers on my car so I went out to check and lo and behold ... there it is on the climate control screen). More lately, it was matrix headlights (I have no idea whether it has them or not) and possibly a little bit of doubt (at least on my part) whether it would come with mats and granny cable (it did). So whilst some things do disappear (lumbar support for passenger and data USBs, and soon ultrasonic sensors front and rear), some hardware items do seem to come along too. The car is feeling more natural and more like my car every day I drive it ... I still haven't mastered voice commands though ... it definitely has something to do with Americanisms, and it might have something to do with my broad Northern accent as my wife (not from up t' North) seems to have more success than me 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: M3UK and dajw2793
when did you first order, in 2020? Every SR+ and RWD model for the UK has had those since the beginning of 2021.
Don't think so ... for example ...

Google ...
When did Model 3 get LFP?
Tesla announced in October 2021 that it was switching to LFP batteries for its standard range models, both Model 3 and Model Y.
Dated: 15 Apr 2022

I think I remember the Tesla sales person saying that we would be getting an LFP, but in January 2022 I don't think they had seen any at that point, same with the heat pump. If I am mistaken, sorry and happy to be proven wrong ... but that is what my memory is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Millenium101
Don't think so ... for example ...

Google ...
When did Model 3 get LFP?
Tesla announced in October 2021 that it was switching to LFP batteries for its standard range models, both Model 3 and Model Y.
Dated: 15 Apr 2022

I think I remember the Tesla sales person saying that we would be getting an LFP, but in January 2022 I don't think they had seen any at that point, same with the heat pump. If I am mistaken, sorry and happy to be proven wrong ... but that is what my memory is.
All 2021 and 2022 SR+ and RWD vehicles made in China for the UK have an LFP battery and all have a heat pump.

LFP came much later for US build cars but they haven’t shipped to the UK since the end of 2020.

All 2021 and 2022 SR+ and RWD vehicles made in China for the UK have an LFP battery and all have a heat pump.

LFP came much later for US build cars but they haven’t shipped to the UK since the end of 2020.

I don't know ... you are probably right ... but this video late December 2021 fitted in with my understanding ... this is the new battery I was wanting ... I stand corrected on the heat pump. My point really was that Tesla do add things as well as take away. It's a nice video on the RWD if anyone hasn't seen it.