Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else awaiting delivery organised insurance yet or is this only possible on delivery day?

I have tried to do comparisons via Gocompare but the car reg doesn't exist on the websites yet.

I also noticed that the comparison sites don't have RWD on them....
had a couple of decent quotes, about £380-420 from Churchill & Direct Line. I used the comparison websites firstly, then went on that particular company's website where you'll get it cheaper as they won't have to pay the comparison website for their part in it. Tried Direct Line direct (you see what i did there 🙃) and they're good too. Not got reg number yet though and they're both "held" for me until I can get number and I can also confirm with them that it's an M3RWD and not a standard range plus which they all seem to offer

I have been reassured by Tesla and Churchill that they will accept it. The RWD has been on the road for nearly 1 years now, and clearly many are insured with Churchill/Directline etc.
I've just finished a call with Churchill. They initially wouldn't insure a RWD under the cover of a SR+. This was confirmed by the manager. I've since had a call that they have added notes to my quote to the effect that SR+ is the old RWD and when I receive my reg, they'll add it to the quote, albeit, the reg won't be with DVLA until collection day. They said I'd be covered. A bit complexed, but I'm glad they've noted it on file. Very much worth the call to them