Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just noticed that I have 'Lending Agreement' and 'Pre Contract Agreement' PDFs visible on my account. Am I required to sign these and/or take them with me when collecting my vehicle? The lending agreement has my chassis no. / VIN.

No registration number yet. When should I expect this with a 6/12 collection date?

I have just noticed that I have 'Lending Agreement' and 'Pre Contract Agreement' PDFs visible on my account. Am I required to sign these and/or take them with me when collecting my vehicle? The lending agreement has my chassis no. / VIN.

No registration number yet. When should I expect this with a 6/12 collection date?
I have those documents too, far as I know you don't have to do anything. I did get an email prompting me to e-sign the finance agreement.

I got my reg about 2 weeks before the collection date.

Reactions: RedDevil7709
Thank you. When did you receive email to e-sign, if you don't mind me asking?

I have gone with the Tesla Loan option and haven't had to sign anything yet.
4th Nov, so 21 days before collection (collecting on Friday 25th Nov). I also went with the loan.

The email was from [email protected] and had my RN number in the subject, might be worth checking your junk/spam folder.

A question whilst waiting, 4 more sleeps BTW 😀, regarding TACC & AS. If using TACC without AS on the motorway, set to speed limit, behind a car doing 50, when you overtake does TACC stay engaged and speed up to the limit again if outer lane is clear? And how does TACC react when auto steer is on and you overtake?

A question whilst waiting, 4 more sleeps BTW 😀, regarding TACC & AS. If using TACC without AS on the motorway, set to speed limit, behind a car doing 50, when you overtake does TACC stay engaged and speed up to the limit again if outer lane is clear? And how does TACC react when auto steer is on and you overtake?
TACC works just like normal adaptive cruise, if you change lanes and the lane ahead is clear it'll return to your set speed.

For the second point my understanding is if you overtake (by changing lanes on a dual carriageway/motorway) without EAP you'll be disengaging autosteer and need to re-enable that after you've completed the manoeuvre. TACC stays on unless you tap the brake pedal.

TACC works just like normal adaptive cruise, if you change lanes and the lane ahead is clear it'll return to your set speed.

For the second point my understanding is if you overtake (by changing lanes on a dual carriageway/motorway) without EAP you'll be disengaging autosteer and need to re-enable that after you've completed the manoeuvre. TACC stays on unless you tap the brake pedal.

Thanks, that’s what I thought & hoped :)

I think the disabling of the TACC on lane change is ridiculous. My 2018 Tiguan (for another 6 days) allows lane change without disabling it. The lane keep assistant tries to hold you in the lane unless you indicate; but either way the cruise does not disable unless you turn it off or brake.
Yeah its just a con to try and get you to buy the ridiculously over priced EAP option.

I think the disabling of the TACC on lane change is ridiculous. My 2018 Tiguan (for another 6 days) allows lane change without disabling it. The lane keep assistant tries to hold you in the lane unless you indicate; but either way the cruise does not disable unless you turn it off or brake.
TACC is the cruise control and it DOESN'T disable on lane change in the Tesla.

Acceleration also does not disable TACC and it will return to the speed you have set when you release the accelerator e.g. in an overtaking manoeuvre.

Braking or a slight push up on the right stalk will disable TACC.

Indicating and changing lanes do not disable TACC but will disable autosteer.

My 2021 E-Tron 55 Sportback S-Line does not have adaptive cruise but my 2022 Golf eTSI does (which then doesn't have reversing cameras) - go figure - VW group always find a way to scam you, if it's not emissions it's tech that should be standard which the car is capable of doing locked behind some paywall. You get a lot included with Tesla so it's not a fair to compare VW and Tesla in terms of the quality of trims. Neither have lane centering/autosteer and just vibrate the wheel if it detects you're crossing lanes without indicating.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimboUK
TACC is the cruise control and it DOESN'T disable on lane change in the Tesla.

Acceleration also does not disable TACC and it will return to the speed you have set when you release the accelerator e.g. in an overtaking manoeuvre.

Braking or a slight push up on the right stalk will disable TACC.

Indicating and changing lanes do not disable TACC but will disable autosteer.

My 2021 E-Tron 55 Sportback S-Line does not have adaptive cruise but my 2022 Golf eTSI does (which then doesn't have reversing cameras) - go figure - VW group always find a way to scam you, if it's not emissions it's tech that should be standard which the car is capable of doing locked behind some paywall. You get a lot included with Tesla so it's not a fair to compare VW and Tesla in terms of the quality of trims. Neither have lane centering/autosteer and just vibrate the wheel if it detects you're crossing lanes without indicating.
Brilliant Danzr, thanks for the explanation. I obviously misunderstood stuff I'd previously read. I'll be able to find out myself in 6 days!