Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, Sorry, another question on insurance. As my car isn’t registered yet I’m struggling to find a company who quotes for the ‘RWD’ model! I phoned DL and they said to select the SR+ but Churchill said I would need confirmation from Tesla that the car is ‘described’ as a SR model otherwise the car may not be insured.

I’m confused! Anyone found a solution?

Thanks in advance!
@Barry Tonne I called Churchill the other day when I took out the policy with them, they said SR+ was fine. They said they had quite a few calls about it but they were happy with that it was still the base model and still RWD if that makes sense?

Thanks partywme, which insurer allowed you to select RWD 302? All the ones I'm checking only have "Standard Range Plus 302bhp".

Thanks again!
If it helps.. I started a policy with Churchill for a SR+ as listed. But once confirmed I entered chat and asked them to include in the notes that the actual wording from Tesla is RWD and a 2023 model. They done this with no hesitation. I will then double double check on pick up day when car is registered with DVLA.

She's home 🤪
Driver could not get up my street with the trailer so had to go for a little walk to collect. Wife laughing as she had nipped out to post a letter and saw it before me!
Everything good.
PXL_20221126_105352565.jpg

In the excitement of receiving the car yesterday, I had hastily pulled the black key-card wallet from the envelope and discarded the envelope on the table. Having come to dispose of it properly this morning, I found the following inside. What witchcraft is this? Am I meant to plant the... seeds(?)... in the garden and mark it with the wooden stake, and wait for some parking sensors to grow?🤔🤨 There's nothing in the owners manual about it 😉
IMG_20221126_135241.jpg

In the excitement of receiving the car yesterday, I had hastily pulled the black key-card wallet from the envelope and discarded the envelope on the table. Having come to dispose of it properly this morning, I found the following inside. What witchcraft is this? Am I meant to plant the... seeds(?)... in the garden and mark it with the wooden stake, and wait for some parking sensors to grow?🤔🤨 There's nothing in the owners manual about it 😉
View attachment 878427
Someone’s Mrs has a good sense of humour

She's home 🤪
Driver could not get up my street with the trailer so had to go for a little walk to collect. Wife laughing as she had nipped out to post a letter and saw it before me!
Everything good.
View attachment 878412
Snap. All cables USB stick and safety kit present. Car in app at 10am. Paint and panels all perfect in daylight.
Took it out for a spin today on the backroads, had to keep it down though with the wet tarmac. Coming from a Lexus which answers any turn of the steering wheel with “Are you SURE, sir?” before turning, its like getting in a go cart. The suspension feels busy when I start driving but I soon forgot about it, while the cornering is rock solid. On one corner at about 50 with some “ripply’ road edge tarmac, the springs did a charming shimmy but the wheels followed the surface effortlessly. It’s a lovely country road drive, big smile.

1669477745653.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks partywme, which insurer allowed you to select RWD 302? All the ones I'm checking only have "Standard Range Plus 302bhp".

Thanks again!
Churchill did mine as standard range plus.
Hi All, Sorry, another question on insurance. As my car isn’t registered yet I’m struggling to find a company who quotes for the ‘RWD’ model! I phoned DL and they said to select the SR+ but Churchill said I would need confirmation from Tesla that the car is ‘described’ as a SR model otherwise the car may not be insured.

I’m confused! Anyone found a solution?

Thanks in advance!
Just keep ringing back, first person I spoke to at Churchill was excruciatingly rude, thankfully my phone decided to reboot and second person I got through to was really helpful. They registered it as standard range plus. They have my number plate if it's not the car thats their fault I guess. At this point i had enough looking around for insurance.

My car arrived yesterday, it became dark and so I couldn't do any real checks. I've checked it today - I have a slight misalignment on the boot where it connects to the passenger c pillar. My driver window regulator sounds like an owl too 🤣🤣. Service arranged for Friday. Apart from that looks really clean and Im very happy. Charged at home last night. App connected last night about 2 hours after I signed the declaration. I've done 40 miles today but the cameras are still not calibrated - is this normal?

White RWD with black interior and aero wheels Car name: Osiris

Very happy overall.

Arrived around 9:30am at bluewater for a 10am collection. The tesla worker on the desk actually thanked us for being early… if everyone turns up early it means they get to finish earlier and not do a full 12+ hour shift. There was probably between 150-200 Tesla’s (even mix of 3’s and Y’s) waiting to be collected in the car park, although they did say only 40 collections was booked today.

The tesla workers was really helpful with showing us how things worked in the car (helped being early as there was no one else there). We probably spent an hour or so using the supercharger and learning where all the different settings are on the touch screen… if I’m being honest, I think it will be a while before I really learn about every function this Tesla has.

The car itself looks great - there was a couple ‘swirl’ marks on the bonnet which I’m sure will come out with some more cleaning. The car come with 44% charge which we topped up to 75% using the superchargers (cost around £6.50ish).

The drive is amazing! I can already see why people love their Tesla’s so much. It was well worth the 11 month wait.

A couple photos below

Attachments

• DB8FB1B7-E5D6-4117-9E40-FE51FD53C0DE.jpeg
    DB8FB1B7-E5D6-4117-9E40-FE51FD53C0DE.jpeg
    596.2 KB · Views: 41
  • AE73CB25-609B-46E5-B3C5-1CFDC57C84FD.jpeg
    AE73CB25-609B-46E5-B3C5-1CFDC57C84FD.jpeg
    861 KB · Views: 39
My car arrived yesterday, it became dark and so I couldn't do any real checks. I've checked it today - I have a slight misalignment on the boot where it connects to the passenger c pillar. My driver window regulator sounds like an owl too 🤣🤣. Service arranged for Friday. Apart from that looks really clean and Im very happy. Charged at home last night. App connected last night about 2 hours after I signed the declaration. I've done 40 miles today but the cameras are still not calibrated - is this normal?

Very happy overall.
I’ve done 40 miles and the cameras calibrated after about 15 miles.

Reactions: Zwolf and TimboUK

Very happy overall.

Took mine about 35 miles.

Reactions: Zwolf
I'll be interested to know how the 2023 models are on full charge in the present climate
I was aware of using the brake a couple of times when I started off. But since I have just come from a car where braking is normal it was only later I realised that was probably the result of softer regen. The regen was still there though, I could have driven without the brake with a bit of thinking ahead. I think if you are used to a traditional car brake, then it will just be natural to switch to the brake pedal anytime you need to.

Reactions: TimboUK