Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD Standard to Premium Audio Subwoofer - Hansshow Version A - Detailed Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

Wanted to share my weekend project for father's day, LoL. I love how the sound on my 2023 RWD sounds, but compared with the LR and Performance it lack the extra bass. I was able to get this Hansshow Version A kit installed, and the results has been pretty good. I was able to compare it with my neighbors' Y Performance and friend's LR and it feels the same, and in some songs a bit more bass than the Y and LR. This kit as well activate the pillars and tweeter speakers. It comes with the rear speakers as well (to make the complete converstion), but so far I'm not putting those yet. Any question please let me know.

Reactions: SilentWarp
Hi Guys,

Wanted to share my weekend project for father's day, LoL. I love how the sound on my 2023 RWD sounds, but compared with the LR and Performance it lack the extra bass. I was able to get this Hansshow Version A kit installed, and the results has been pretty good. I was able to compare it with my neighbors' Y Performance and friend's LR and it feels the same, and in some songs a bit more bass than the Y and LR. This kit as well activate the pillars and tweeter speakers. It comes with the rear speakers as well (to make the complete converstion), but so far I'm not putting those yet. Any question please let me know.

Your timing is perfect. I will be doing same thing when kit arrives. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: kaimanson
Great video and really useful. Currently considering doing this. I'd have to remove my basic wiring harness for the extra speakers that have already been activated (I installed this three years ago and it's great. Just want to add a subwoofer. It's a (2019 SR+ car with the rear speakers).

I notice you take power from under the seats. Is that an issue? Honestly until I saw your post I've only been aware of others having problems doing this (eg ) and so I've just always put off buying the version A in case I mess anything up. Otherwise I would have done this long ago.

Also removing my old harness...I'd have to think really carefully about doing that so I don't mess things up!

Anything else to be aware of?

@Bizzwhizz. I had the wire harness from hansshow to activate only the 4 front speakers as well (mine is a 2023), had to take it off, before doing the video and installing the Version A, there are no too many helpful videos explaining the installation for version A. I watched a few from different DIY installation and then made the decision to jump for the version A after figuring out all the connenections. Pretty easy step by step installation. Any question let me know.

Hi Guys,

Wanted to share my weekend project for father's day, LoL. I love how the sound on my 2023 RWD sounds, but compared with the LR and Performance it lack the extra bass. I was able to get this Hansshow Version A kit installed, . . . .

Confirming this is the one you installed in the video, right?

1688903723951.png

I don't see a way to install the rear deck speakers on mine. According to this picture from the hansshow instructions, there should be removable speaker grills, but my M3 (2023) does not have any, the entire deck is solid.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.08.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.08.27 PM.png
    722.9 KB · Views: 246
Reactions: DomDeWild
Happy to help 👍, system is working great. I haven't installed the rear speakers yet. Any question let me know. Shipping was super fast....via FedEx and it was here in about 5 days.
Still curious about installation of the rear speakers. It must be quite a job on a 2023 M3. Anone have any experience with this? Would like to hear some details before I jump on this setup. Thanks.

Reactions: kaimanson
Still curious about installation of the rear speakers. It must be quite a job on a 2023 M3. Anone have any experience with this? Would like to hear some details before I jump on this setup. Thanks.

I have been following this thread also. Price is about the same, but the install looks much easier. I am still undecided at this point as to which direction to go.

[2023 Model 3 SR] Sound System Upgrade | Tesla Motors Club

I'm guessing installing the rear speakers is a bear. It was no big deal for years 2022 and before that had the rear speakers installed, you bought the wiring harness, hooked it up, and you were good to go. I've looked at the rear shelf from below and above, and I don't see any other way than a lot of cutting into the metal base of the shelf, after you remove the top 'cover'.
I think I'm going to order the Hansshow DIY (new version) harness for $59. That will add the un-connected speakers. Then replace the door woofers with Focal ISU-200's. Amped Garage sells mounting adapters for the Focals, and other forum members have said they really add to the overall sound quality, and that is what I'm looking for. And the price comes out to about the same as the Hansshow Version A. Anyway, this is the direction I'm heading.
I can deal with pulling off some door covers and harness covers, I just don't feel like ripping the whole rear shelf apart.

If I've got this whole thing wrong, and the rear speaker install is way easier that I've got it made out to be, I'd love to hear it.

The video is helpful to some extent, but my rear shelf doesn't have any type of speaker grill it's completely flat. I also don't have the depressions in the shelf that allow the speaker to sit flush with the shelf, the spots where the 3 speaker tabs mount to. It's a bit more cutting than I'm willing to do. I'll pass.

The video is helpful to some extent, but my rear shelf doesn't have any type of speaker grill it's completely flat. I also don't have the depressions in the shelf that allow the speaker to sit flush with the shelf, the spots where the 3 speaker tabs mount to. It's a bit more cutting than I'm willing to do. I'll pass.

I had the same revelation after spending the $350 on the kit and was reluctant to install all of it. Then today, I looked under the shelf and its unfinished metal, but does have two indents (pockets) to house the shallow speakers included in the kit. So (I think) you only have to cut the soft material on the top of the shelf not the metal beneath it. The speakers won't touch the metal, just sit slightly above it at the level of the soft shelf.

Of course I could be wrong so will examine tonight to see if there is enough gap to clear the magnets.

Also, you do have to buy two grilles of your choice for ~$30 at crutchfield.com. :(

Thanks for your reply, I'm trying to gather all the info on this that I can.
I saw the same 2 'pockets' in the sheet metal on the underside of the shelf. Acoustically, not sure how good that's going to sound. The speakers themselves aren't screwed into the steel shelf, they're screwed into the foam on the top of the shelf? Also noticed your working from above with very little working room. LMK how this works out, certainly hope you find a workable solution.

Sorry for the late reply, the rear deck on the 2022-2023 doesn't have the speakers grill on it. So you actually have to remove the rear deck cover and drill the holes and attach the speakers to it with some speak grills. You have to make sure to align the holes with the metal frame underneath the rear deck cover so that everything can fit back perfectly. Another route is to find a rear deck from a 2020-2021 and use it on the 22-23, you can get a more OEM look and 100% well align speakers. If One day I ended up installing those rear speakers, most likely I'll go with the latter.

I installed Version A in my 2022 SR+ AMD and the rear left surround speaker is emitting white noise and sounds muted compared to the rear right surround speaker. I tested the plug with the other speaker as well as getting the harness replaced and the issue still persists. I also notice when the vehicles parking lights or headlights are on it gets worse. Is anyone experiencing a similar issue or know why this would be happening?

Hi Guys,

I cant find this sub. You have a current link?