Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Seat memory restore positioning issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here on a 2018 S. Only effects the backrest for me. Once, got into the car and all my profiles had an offset (forward) on their backrest position. It seemed as though every profile's backrest position was offset by the same amount (but this might not be the case). It was a very obvious shift since all the profiles were undriveable.

Bump on this. Still an issue but I've just got used to it. Anyone experienced it and got it fixed? I have a funny feeling it might mean a new seat, like they maybe improved something mechanically since the early production like mine? I'm going to report it but any experience dealing with Tesla on this would be useful.

I've had this issue - the seatback stays in the "Easy Entry" position when it auto-set to my driving position - but I don't need to adjust the seat and save it.

I simply just flip it back to "Easy Entry" and then back to my setting again, and it goes to the correct position.

Bump on this. Still an issue but I've just got used to it. Anyone experienced it and got it fixed? I have a funny feeling it might mean a new seat, like they maybe improved something mechanically since the early production like mine? I'm going to report it but any experience dealing with Tesla on this would be useful.
My Model 3 was at the service centre recently for a windshield replacement. I brought it up and they said that the seat probably just needs to be recalibrated. Since that visit i havent had this issue.

I had the same issue with my May 2018 model 3 with 50k miles. The issue was resolved this past fall by rover tech. The solution is to recalibrate all the seat motors this is accomplished by a function on the techs laptop. Basically the seats use stepper motors and they need to be re-homed. The tech did not know about the option but was willing to search and found it. Took less than 5 min to fix and no $$. The local SC was clueless for over 1 year.

I had the same issue with my May 2018 model 3 with 50k miles. The issue was resolved this past fall by rover tech. The solution is to recalibrate all the seat motors this is accomplished by a function on the techs laptop. Basically the seats use stepper motors and they need to be re-homed. The tech did not know about the option but was willing to search and found it. Took less than 5 min to fix and no $$. The local SC was clueless for over 1 year.
My SC did this "fix" fof me.

It did not fix it though lol

I think my Easy Entry position changed slowly over time and a few days ago I reset it, so we will see what happens.

The bigger problem for me is the memory for my driving position. I changed it to bring the back a little further forward and sometimes it remembers and sometimes it uses the older version, so I reset it again. At least the other aspects don't change so I can reach the pedals! I didn't know the seats could be recalibrated.

Another issue is that when napping in the car (it is very comfortable) at a charger or rest stop it will sometimes, after about 10 minutes, recline without me doing anything and wake me up. Anyone else had this happen?-Thanks.

Another issue is that when napping in the car (it is very comfortable) at a charger or rest stop it will sometimes, after about 10 minutes, recline without me doing anything and wake me up. Anyone else had this happen?-Thanks.
If you are in one of the driving profiles but in Park, your car will automatically change to the Easy Entry profile after about 10 minutes.

Make sure you're already in Easy Entry before you recline and the car should not wake you up anymore.