TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 - Short Delivery Time

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Roaddkill, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Roaddkill

Roaddkill Member

Ordered a Model 3 Performance
    Midnight Silver with White Interior
    Performance Package
    Enhanced Auto Pilot

08-07-2018 - Date ordered
    08-15-2018 - Inside Sales rep says car is ready for pickup

Just to make it interesting .... I ordered exact same car in Blue on 8-5-2018 but neglected to have referral link for free SuperCharging. Tried to have referral added after the fact - some said you could others said you couldn't (Tesla). So I started wondering - what does free SuperCharging supposed to look like if you used the link. Went through the ordering process on 8-7-2018 w/o logging into my account using a referral number. The referral stuck with my order all the way up to the confirm button. Thinking what the heck - I'll hit confirm and not enter 'cc number. Bam - I have a second order. Called my local tesla showroom and talked to the guy I was working with to cancel 8-5-2018 order (no free SuperCharging) and keep the 8-7-2018 order (free SuperCharging). Working on getting written confirmation my first order had been cancelled.

I still find it hard to believe that folks ordered two years ago are still waiting for delivery and I walk in cold off the street and have a car in 8 days. Headed to the beer store right now to buy my Mega-Millions lottery ticket.

• Funny x 1
  2. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

[​IMG]

Nothing new ...Tesla needs $, Performance orders are prioritized over everything else.

3. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

LR RWD are also being delivered quickly.