Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Side Mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrDabbles

Jul 28, 2017
NH, US
After watching a couple videos about the side mirrors on a Model 3, they look like they're the exact same ones as the Model S. Can anybody confirm this? Whether or not they're the same part number, I don't know. But I'm mostly wondering are they effectively the same devices and do they come apart the same way?

I've already seen Rolf's video, but he doesn't disassemble the mirror itself, he just removes it from the vehicle. I'm looking for how to take the moving mirror off the fixed point that is attached to the door near the A pillar.

Thanks for any info!

After watching a couple videos about the side mirrors on a Model 3, they look like they're the exact same ones as the Model S. Can anybody confirm this? Whether or not they're the same part number, I don't know. But I'm mostly wondering are they effectively the same devices and do they come apart the same way?

I've already seen Rolf's video, but he doesn't disassemble the mirror itself, he just removes it from the vehicle. I'm looking for how to take the moving mirror off the fixed point that is attached to the door near the A pillar.

Thanks for any info!
The shiny silver 'base' that connects the mirror to the door is the same. They're also both annoyingly bright and reflective when the sun is at a less than stellar (see what I did there?) angle relative to the driver's retinas.

Reactions: DrDabbles