Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Sighting in Fort Lauderdale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday morning while walking to meet friends for brunch, I saw what seemed to be a car with the Model 3 front end approaching me. The closer it got, and after it went by, it WAS a Model 3! It was blue with the gray wheels. The tail end was the real thing. Anyone else seen this car around? Had I been driving, I would have followed him, but as I said, I was on foot. I was walking down Floranada Road in the Oakland Park suburb of Fort Lauderdale.

A "blue" Model 3? There was no blue 3 at the reveal. And it is hard to imagine why Tesla would have one of the small number of prototypes in Florida.

I'm sure you believe you saw a Model 3. But I would suggest you were simply mistaken. If you had taken a photo I would be more inclined to believe you.

Did it have manufacturer's plates on it?

A "blue" Model 3? There was no blue 3 at the reveal. And it is hard to imagine why Tesla would have one of the small number of prototypes in Florida.

I'm sure you believe you saw a Model 3. But I would suggest you were simply mistaken. If you had taken a photo I would be more inclined to believe you.

I hope Tesla is testing out their cars in Florida's humid heat. Several people I know that are skeptical about EVs doubt whether they will hold up in this climate.

I think I saw one too in the dunes of Pismo being driven by Elvis, with Bigfoot in the passenger seat and two green aliens in back. One had on a "Elon for President" shirt and the other was wearing an Instant Gratification monkey t-shirt. I pulled out my iPhone 7 to take a picture for proof but they saw me and took off in a plaid flash. I was pretty bummed out that I missed the photo opp but then I realized they all had drinks in their hands so clearly Tesla is NOT getting the message about drink holders in the sedans. Sigh....

How do you think Tesla tests the cars? My friend works for GM and they do a lot of system testing in Arizona and California.

A "blue" Model 3? There was no blue 3 at the reveal
It was "present" in rendered form -- on a poster behind the 3 cars at the unveil.

Edit: Mea culpa. That was an X.

Model3Unveil_BlueBehind.png