Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So many version numbers floating around now. A 3 with 2019.5.15 just popped up a few hours ago.

Looks like 5.15 might finally be the one. A bunch of U.S. installs for that one this morning.

94E2590B-BC9B-46BA-B712-A95225D11690.jpeg

Reactions: MentalNomad
Im not understanding the naming convention of these firmware updates. I thought I did... 2019.5.15 is obviously a lower number than 2019.5.4. I get that there could be different numbers for different hardware configurations, but tesla doesnt do that.

So, how is 2019.5.15 NEWER than 2019.5.4 (which in effect would 2019.5.40)?

• Disagree
Reactions: Pkmmte and -motts-
I got 2019.5.15 this morning. Seems to be rolling out to everyone that purchased the new non-e AP. Though AP has yet to be activated.

Word of warning, this update took closer to 30 minutes. I'm used to 20-25 minutes, so in my excitement this morning I ran the update, but had to get the kids to school. So I am happy to confirm you can drive the car just fine! (though the update finished about 30 seconds into my drive)

hmm.. ok. I am used to leading zeros being placed there if they exist, but that makes sense from this perspective.

So, does that mean that 2018.6 is not newer than 2018.50? :)

Yep that is correct. The version number isn't a single number in the mathematical sense. (Numbers don't have multiple decimal points do they?) Each segment of the version number is a number by itself so no leading zeros are necessary.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
hmm.. ok. I am used to leading zeros being placed there if they exist, but that makes sense from this perspective.

The best way to think of it is that each set of numbers is independent. The first is the year of the build, the second is the week the build was started, and the third is the iteration of the build. 2019.5.4 is the 4th version of the 5th week of the 2019th year. Now as we all know, these builds can be released long after the week in question has passed, especially due to the nuances of test cycles and so forth, but that's the basic concept.

How do you know it is only for EAP people? just curious.

Because I follow this stuff way too closely :D

2019.7.11 was a version deployed to enable V3 supercharging at the test site in Fremont earlier this week. Only a select group of people from the Early Access Program were given access to this and invited to go to the V3 supercharger unveiling. Without this update the Model 3 does not support the higher charge rates that the V3 superchargers provide. There's a whole thread on version 2019.7.11.

Since getting my car back in May 2018, I’ve only encountered the black screen once.
With 5.4, I’ve already encountered 4 black screens.
Really wanted this for the blind spot monitoring which doesn’t seem to work or do anything for me.
Hoping the next update will be better..

• Helpful
Reactions: hoang51