Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got v2019.5.15 today. It came with Track Mode on my P3D- but no sentry mode. What version is sentry mode on?

Also this had nothing to do with buying AP as I did not buy it.

Curious. No evidence of Sentry Mode at all? Not in the app under Controls? Not in the car menus under Safety & Security? Not in the release notes???

I got 2019.5.15 this morning. Seems to be rolling out to everyone that purchased the new non-e AP. Though AP has yet to be activated.

Word of warning, this update took closer to 30 minutes. I'm used to 20-25 minutes, so in my excitement this morning I ran the update, but had to get the kids to school. So I am happy to confirm you can drive the car just fine! (though the update finished about 30 seconds into my drive)

Huh?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Got v2019.5.15 today. It came with Track Mode on my P3D- but no sentry mode. What version is sentry mode on?

Also this had nothing to do with buying AP as I did not buy it.

Sentry mode was released with 2019.5.x according to this Reddit post.

Are you going to enable Track Mode and update your findings to your power limiting post? Curious if it would allow you to get back to where you were driving the Performance hard prior to Track Mode was initially released.

I didn't feel any 5% increase. I thought Elon said that was coming on 3/15/19.

When they said 5% "peak power" with the slightly increased top end (155 to 162), I assumed that there was almost no change except for at the highest speeds... as in flooring it, for an extended period of time, maybe on a track. Am I incorrect with this?

I am still on that as well - haven't had a software update in a very long time. Wifi doesn't reach my garage, so I'm wondering if that's the issue - thought I have gotten 1 or 2 other updates over cellular.

You are likely going to want to get on wifi to get the update. I think only "critical" updates will be delivered over cellular, but what teslas definition of "critical" is I dont know.

@Garlan Garner the only reason I have the update (2019.5.4) was because I took my car to a service center for the "black screen on startup / full reboot repeatedly" issue... and they force pushed it to my car.... and I supposedly have "priority updates" earned through the referrals.

I am not sure how they prioritized this round of updates, but it certainly was not first for people with priority updates, as I did not get any of the earlier ones people were reporting. I am now wondering how long it will take before I get updated from 2019.5.4 to 2019.5.15.1. So far, the "priority updates" loot box referral reward has ment exactly nothing, at least for me lol.

Any screen shots showing a full 328 miles of range on a LR Model 3 with this latest update?

Well, I charge to ~80% regularly each night... And usually see 249 miles each morning.

This morning I am seeing 256 miles !

( 310 * 0.8 = 248 )
( 320 * 0.8 = 256 )

So, not quite 325 equivalent, but my car is showing signs of growing from 310 mile range to 320 mile range with this update.

Perhaps I should go for a 100% charge tonight to see what I get for the magic number of max range now.

• Informative
Reactions: ConcordeSST