Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure why this is funny...you're going to have a ton of people who have spent the entire time they've had their car (me included) running down their battery because something they expected to turn off like it always has suddenly remains powered on, without any notification from tesla that they were changing that behavior.

What are people plugging into thier 12V that’s going to run it down. It gets topped off from the high voltage battery. Your typical 12V accessory won’t even make a dent in the battery pack.

What are people plugging into thier 12V that’s going to run it down. It gets topped off from the high voltage battery. Your typical 12V accessory won’t even make a dent in the battery pack.
Well, I sure as heck am not going to leave my 12v heated coffee mug plugged in when I'm not in the car - but then again the 12v plug gets much hotter than in my other ICE car, so I don't leave it plugged in anyway.

Unrelated, I too experienced the glitchy cam video - but only from the driver side, and only while parked. Very odd. Reformatted, and it was less so - but still happened on a couple clips.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
Well, I sure as heck am not going to leave my 12v heated coffee mug plugged in when I'm not in the car - but then again the 12v plug gets much hotter than in my other ICE car, so I don't leave it plugged in anyway.

Unrelated, I too experienced the glitchy cam video - but only from the driver side, and only while parked. Very odd. Reformatted, and it was less so - but still happened on a couple clips.

Been too busy to try to talk to Tesla (and not sure who to talk to) about the corrupted, mostly left repeater, camera footage on my USB flashdrive. Might be time for a service visit to fix if its the camera.

Been too busy to try to talk to Tesla (and not sure who to talk to) about the corrupted, mostly left repeater, camera footage on my USB flashdrive. Might be time for a service visit to fix if its the camera.

I think this is a common issue for everyone and probably relates back to the fact that the system was not designed for this purpose so it's not going to perform 100%.

Sorry guys, not gonna dig through 45 pages, so forgive me if asked already:

Just updated tonight, and Sentry mode doesn’t seem to do anything when I walk around, touch, or shake the car.

This the case for anyone else?

Ok lazy :p;) when you walk around it will be recording you from what I've established using it 5.4. When we leaned hard against the car or kind of pounded on the windows (simulating a break in without breaking in the glass), Alert mode gets triggered, the headlights flashed to let the person know the car was aware of their presence and the center screen lights up with the flashing Big Red Eye. Havnn't tested it out beyond that.

Pause TeslaCam and pull your USB out and check out the files on your computer. Sentry Mode files will be a folder called SavedClips. The folder RecentClips will be from TeslaCam's 1 hour buffer.

Got my update last night. Anyone else notice the forward collision warning is less sensitive? I always had false warning, especially when a car in front of me was turning out of the lane, but on my way to work today I got extremely close to the person in front of me to the point of having to brake to avoid a collision and didn't have any warning.

Ok lazy :p;) when you walk around it will be recording you from what I've established using it 5.4. When we leaned hard against the car or kind of pounded on the windows (simulating a break in without breaking in the glass), Alert mode gets triggered, the headlights flashed to let the person know the car was aware of their presence and the center screen lights up with the flashing Big Red Eye. Havnn't tested it out beyond that.

Pause TeslaCam and pull your USB out and check out the files on your computer. Sentry Mode files will be a folder called SavedClips. The folder RecentClips will be from TeslaCam's 1 hour buffer.

Thanks!

But from my understanding, even if all you’re doing is walking around, the car should be flashing it’s lights and displaying a warning on the screen. Mine does nothing.

Thanks!

But from my understanding, even if all you’re doing is walking around, the car should be flashing it’s lights and displaying a warning on the screen. Mine does nothing.

Sentry Mode is turned on and your car is locked with all the doors closed? Even without plugging in a memory stick, I think the light will flash and you should see the warning on the screen when you are in the front (within a foot or 2 of the front bumper) of the car, or at the sides close to the windows.

Last edited:
Thanks!

It’s not intended to do that by just motion around your car. Start recording video yes, but not go to alert yet. Otherwise everytime someone goes in the parking lot or gets picked up by motion in the camera by it would be flashing and going into alert mode. No reason to light up the screen by that activity either.

It’s not intended to do that by just motion around your car. Start recording video yes, but not go to alert yet. Otherwise everytime someone goes in the parking lot or gets picked up by motion in the camera by it would be flashing and going into alert mode. No reason to light up the screen by that activity either.

When I walk to the side of my car before opening it, the headlights turn on briefly and the sentry graphic comes onto the screen.

Reactions: Perry
When I walk to the side of my car before opening it, the headlights turn on briefly and the sentry graphic comes onto the screen.

From what I remember seeing on my garage door, when you open your car even without TeslaCam I’m pretty sure the headlights flash as it wakes up. So that would be normal behavior. If you had your car activated for Sentry Mode and didn’t turn off on your app before going to your car, Sentry Mode will still be active when you get in and as a reminder pop up on the center screen. Sentry Mode will be disabled when you are in Reverse or Drive.

Last edited: