Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 46.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did not test it out extensively yet, but 46.2 seems to cause the BLE passive entry to work on both my and my wife's phone (both androids). It never worked for us without pressing power button before outside our home garage. But now it did, which, again, never happened before when not parked @ home. Not even once, and not since 36.x when we got it

All other things having always been the same, tesla app not being power-optimized, etc.etc. Funny, i just got the keyfob and gave it to my wife, but she now says she is not using it, because bluetooth passive entry just started working...

I have the opposite experience.
Our Galaxy S9s were working fine 99% of the time. Now they fail about 99% of the time. Tesla App is set to not have battery optimization, and I have installed a BLE beacin scanner running all the time with no help.

I was driving home during rush hour using EAP on a major highway when I came upon several emergency vehicles all with lights flashing in the breakdown lane and just off the highway.
As I approached in the right hand lane which was clear I immediately got a message that I had to take over. The only thing I can think of is EAP responded to all the flashing lights which actually made sense.
Has anyone had this happen to them?

Haven’t had much time to play around with sending an address/location from phone feature; any experiences if sending via Apple Maps or Google Maps works better?

Have not tried Apple Maps, but it could not be any easier on Google Maps.

You search destination as per usual and the "share" icon has the Tesla logo (it might be buried the first time you use it).

You just click that and the destination will be "pre-loaded" on the Tesla navigation UI. Very, very pratical. You can enter destination ahead of time and you don't have to mess with the car's keyboard/touchscreen.

Haven’t had much time to play around with sending an address/location from phone feature; any experiences if sending via Apple Maps or Google Maps works better?

I haven't had any issues with either and most other apps either. The only time I have any issues is when a place my have two different city names - for example, Encino is part of the city of Los Angeles. If the address is in Encino but the link you send says L.A., the system doesn't recognize the address.

Well if you haven’t upgraded to 46.2 yet you might want to hold off. Got in my Model 3 dual motor yesterday, one day after upgrade. After putting car in Drive, for whole bunch or errors that traction control, regent braking, stability control and more were disabled, and car “needs service”. See screen shot.

View attachment 358551

Pulled over and called Tesla roadside assistance. They told me this is “known issue with 46.2” and “should be addressed in next update in 2 weeks”. He had me power off the car through the service menu, and after it restarted in about 2 minutes error messages were gone and car seemed to operate normally.

Doesn’t inspire confidence in the software update process for this new owner!

Anyone else seeing similar behavior?

I had the same issue last week. It’s likely your SCCM that has failed. (Steering Column control module)

It’s a known issue but limited to a small range of cars with that series of sCCM according to my SC.

• Informative
Reactions: OverJohn
Tried out sending map address using both my iPhone & Samsung phone. On the iPhone (iOS), has no problem '''sharing' a map address using either the native Apple Maps or Google Maps, directly to the Model 3 Nav, shows right up & starts navigating once I get in the car; but with the Android device, keep getting an error msg everytime I try to 'share' using the native Google Maps. Strange

Tried out sending map address using both my iPhone & Samsung phone. On the iPhone (iOS), has no problem '''sharing' a map address using either the native Apple Maps or Google Maps, directly to the Model 3 Nav, shows right up & starts navigating once I get in the car; but with the Android device, keep getting an error msg everytime I try to 'share' using the native Google Maps. Strange

Obligatory : What android phone / software OS version are you on?...

My Pixel 2 with most recent software will not send an address to the car via Google maps anymore.

My charge port locked up again yesterday. I parked it in our 50 degree garage overnight (outside temp is 46 degrees) and plugged it in. It charged at full power and gave us a full charge. The next day we went to unplug it and the red light came on. The dash said "charging error" "unable to charge" and "never use charge port lever to insert cable". I had to manually work the charge port release pull tab to get the charging cable to unlock.

Has anyone had issues with Navigation on Autopilot with 46.2? Since I updated a few days ago, most drives I get a message stating "Navigation on Autopilot not available for drive, contact Tesla Service if continues" (or something similar). And of course, I do not get the option for NoA in the navigation screen. I have confirmed I have NoA enabled (guessing wouldn't get the message if I didn't). I tried rebooting several times and toggling NoA off and on with little luck.

Has anyone had issues with Navigation on Autopilot with 46.2? Since I updated a few days ago, most drives I get a message stating "Navigation on Autopilot not available for drive, contact Tesla Service if continues" (or something similar). And of course, I do not get the option for NoA in the navigation screen. I have confirmed I have NoA enabled (guessing wouldn't get the message if I didn't). I tried rebooting several times and toggling NoA off and on with little luck.
NoA continues to work with 46.2 for me.

Thats the same behavior you get when it does have the updated maps downloaded.