Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR full charge at 218 Mile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SR plus bought a month ago charged only to 235 miles at full charge instead of 240. That was the first time I charged it to full 100%, that too with a mobile charger. Should I expect 235 miles at 100% for subsequent full charging for at least a year or two? If it drops another 2-3 miles or more next few months, I would not call it estimation error and would be concerned. 8 or more miles below full advertised range would be a lot!!

My SR plus bought a month ago charged only to 235 miles at full charge instead of 240. That was the first time I charged it to full 100%, that too with a mobile charger. Should I expect 235 miles at 100% for subsequent full charging for at least a year or two? If it drops another 2-3 miles or more next few months, I would not call it estimation error and would be concerned. 8 or more miles below full advertised range would be a lot!!

When I bought my Model 3 Performance (supposed to be 310 miles at 100%) the first time I charged to 100% it only charged to 306, I was convinced something was wrong. I ran the battery down, and charged it back up, letting it finish the 100% charge (which takes a while).. still 306. This was all within the first month or so.

Took it into service, they said (very politely) "there is nothing wrong, it will work itself out". I drove the car a couple more months, then attempted to charge to full, and it charged to 309. After that, I stopped caring about it because I dont need full charge anyway.

When I bought my Model 3 Performance (supposed to be 310 miles at 100%) the first time I charged to 100% it only charged to 306, I was convinced something was wrong. I ran the battery down, and charged it back up, letting it finish the 100% charge (which takes a while).. still 306. This was all within the first month or so.

Took it into service, they said (very politely) "there is nothing wrong, it will work itself out". I drove the car a couple more months, then attempted to charge to full, and it charged to 309. After that, I stopped caring about it because I dont need full charge anyway.
I have seen my range go up while unplugged from a relatively minor temperature change outside.

Mine was at 235 miles full charge sine the day I bought it with 5 miles on it. I am low at 234 miles. At 90% charge, I am at 209-210 miles.

I recently ran my VIN on Carvana to see what it was worth to sell it to them and my VIN came back as a Mid Range model. Interestingly, 235 miles is about 90% of the Mid Range’s 260 miles. Do we possibly have a software limited Mid Range model? Mine was built in May 2019.

Mine was at 235 miles full charge sine the day I bought it with 5 miles on it. I am low at 234 miles. At 90% charge, I am at 209-210 miles.

I recently ran my VIN on Carvana to see what it was worth to sell it to them and my VIN came back as a Mid Range model. Interestingly, 235 miles is about 90% of the Mid Range’s 260 miles. Do we possibly have a software limited Mid Range model? Mine was built in May 2019.

Websites have not quite figured out tesla vin numbers for accurate placement of models. There are threads here with people having issues getting them insured because of vin mismatch information. In my own case, my model 3 is a performance model, but when I added it to my insurance last year, it came back as an AWD model. I thought for a minute that I should try to correct it, but decided:

1. it wasnt worth the effort
2. I had provided the correct vin number of the car, so if something happened it would not be my fault they had to replace a performance model 3 instead of a LR AWD one.

From what I remember, someone who identified themselves on these boards as a worker at the gigafactory said that the SR and SR+ packs were the same, but different from the MR model, and LR model.

Websites have not quite figured out tesla vin numbers for accurate placement of models. There are threads here with people having issues getting them insured because of vin mismatch information. In my own case, my model 3 is a performance model, but when I added it to my insurance last year, it came back as an AWD model. I

AWD and P have the same VIN codes is why that happens. Same motors in both and that's the letter that distinguished them from RWD.

Now my model 3 charged 72% / 172 miles, which translates to 238 miles at 100%. Just a week or so back, I charged fully to only 235 miles instead of 240, so I am quite happy with the new estimate of 238 at 100% and realize that these are estimates. No need to sweat 5 miles here or there! That also means *don't* try to drive your Tesla down to very low miles. You could run dry before reaching destination, as remaing miles too are just estimates :). (Guess this is true for gas cars too).

Now my model 3 charged 72% / 172 miles, which translates to 238 miles at 100%. Just a week or so back, I charged fully to only 235 miles instead of 240, so I am quite happy with the new estimate of 238 at 100% and realize that these are estimates. No need to sweat 5 miles here or there! That also means *don't* try to drive your Tesla down to very low miles. You could run dry before reaching destination, as remaing miles too are just estimates :). (Guess this is true for gas cars too).

Your right that they are estimates for ICE (gas) cars too, but the car wont let you "run dry" unless you completely ignore it. As long as people dont assume they have some range at or below zero (like people do with gas cars) and listen to the car when its telling you that you need to charge or you need to slow down to make your destination, there is very little chance of "running dry" unless there is a problem with the car itself.