Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ pickup day tomorrow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are they serious issues? can you share pics,
Yeah, not amazing, the rear door hinges look like they've had something clamped to them or something, has taken the paint right down to the metal on three of them, and actually mangled the metal somewhat. What I might do is start my own thread on my tumultuous entry into EV ownership. It has *not* been a seamless experience thus far.

• Informative
Reactions: zayn
Yeah, not amazing, the rear door hinges look like they've had something clamped to them or something, has taken the paint right down to the metal on three of them, and actually mangled the metal somewhat. What I might do is start my own thread on my tumultuous entry into EV ownership. It has *not* been a seamless experience thus far.

that is serious I would be rejecting the vehicle if there is metal work which needs to be redone

Ohhhh yep. 2.30pm at that same place as you :)

Looking forward to the Coffee :p

Good description of that car in your vid "its not a posh car its just a car" I'll remember to tell my wife that!

From what they said yesterday, today and through the weekend is going to be busy for the Birmingham crew... Yesterday I think they said they had around a dozen cars to handover, but today on for a few days at least they're moving into the 20-40 cars a day bracket.

I found the whole thing wonderfully straightforward and simple, so I hope today is much the same.

My advice is just take your time, ask questions, get answers and feel comfortable before you go.

Also, they actively encouraged me to look around, take note of anything not absolutely perfect and to book in with service then and there. To the point where I now have an appointment for service with MK Tesla for some very fine, hairline scratches around the paint of the door handle. Which, if I'm honest, I'm embarrassed that I even mentioned.

Have fun. It's an experience for sure and the car - so far at least - is lovely.

From what they said yesterday, today and through the weekend is going to be busy for the Birmingham crew... Yesterday I think they said they had around a dozen cars to handover, but today on for a few days at least they're moving into the 20-40 cars a day bracket.

I found the whole thing wonderfully straightforward and simple, so I hope today is much the same.

My advice is just take your time, ask questions, get answers and feel comfortable before you go.

Also, they actively encouraged me to look around, take note of anything not absolutely perfect and to book in with service then and there. To the point where I now have an appointment for service with MK Tesla for some very fine, hairline scratches around the paint of the door handle. Which, if I'm honest, I'm embarrassed that I even mentioned.

Have fun. It's an experience for sure and the car - so far at least - is lovely.
I'm glad your collection went well and you're happy with the car :) Enjoyed you video! Looked like a less hurried process than Heathrow.

Interesting video. I get the impression though that under the new car excitement you're actually seeing it as a utilitarian purchase ("it's just a vehicle"). On a philosophical level I can see the obvious truth in this, but OTOH spending this sort of money on a car should give us something that will delight us for years to come. My current 2014 335i is still a very nice place to be and feels a step up over the Fords, Vauxhalls, Renaults etc. I'm concerned that once the EV novelty wears off that I'm going to find the interior comfort and quality of the 3 not up to what I've been driving for the last 20 years (Audis and BMWs).

I'm truly dithering now - I want to get into EVs and for sure the Tesla is streets ahead of any other EV in terms of powertrain, battery, charging infrastructure etc, but I do highly value things like interior quality, road noise etc and I'm worried that the Tesla will disappoint once I have to live with it daily.

Am I being too negative?

I'm truly dithering now

I think there are lot of car people who are here for performance and a lot of EV people who want the most compelling EV on the market.

Anyone here for luxury should maybe think twice and book a test drive as their expectations may be too high. I find it funny that people are complaining about minor scratches on the aluminium jack points - I wish I had so little to worry about! The government may force your hand by carrot or stick at some point and other manufacturers will catch up and Tesla will continue to improve.

I'm sure you've done it already but there are lot of comments here about the build quality, road noise etc. On the whole my personal conclusion is that it's positive. I am also willing to cut Tesla some slack because they aren't Audi / BMW etc.

There are other good reasons for the Model 3, namely the environment and safety

Reactions: Roy W.

Forgot to ask

Did you turn up early? mine says prompt at 2.30pm can i turn up earlier? and if so whats the max earliest i can be?

. I *am* botherd by the chunks gouged out of the steel door hinges though..... I don't think that's OK.

Agree here, and certainly not knocking people for doing a close inspection, thanks to the diligent people on forums I think we're all better informed. Compared to what was said about some of the early US deliveries, this one had me thinking twice about putting an order in: Found out what’s causing undercarriage composite to break apart , I feel a lot more confident :)

Reactions: TestPilot
Great video. I have lost count of the number of pickup day videos and first driving experience videos I have seen, and they mostly focus on the features that we now all know about, and the usual multiple launches under hard acceleration to show peoples faces .

Yours was the first video that really gave me a good feeling for how a UK pickup feels and I actually felt I was there too, and could completely relate to what you said you were feeling and thinking. Likewise, your thoughts about the car while driving and summing up at home also touched on points in a way I haven't seen elsewhere. So, thanks for sharing some of your excitement of pickup day with those of us that are still in the waiting room and refreshing the "Manage" web page more than is healthy in the vain hope of seeing a VIN has been assigned. Very informative too.

BR
AJP

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Great video. I have lost count of the number of pickup day videos and first driving experience videos I have seen, and they mostly focus on the features that we now all know about, and the usual multiple launches under hard acceleration to show peoples faces .

Yours was the first video that really gave me a good feeling for how a UK pickup feels and I actually felt I was there too, and could completely relate to what you said you were feeling and thinking. Likewise, your thoughts about the car while driving and summing up at home also touched on points in a way I haven't seen elsewhere. So, thanks for sharing some of your excitement of pickup day with those of us that are still in the waiting room and refreshing the "Manage" web page more than is healthy in the vain hope of seeing a VIN has been assigned. Very informative too.

BR
AJP

That's really very kind. Thank you.

It's been a good 24 hours so far - although I have discovered that one of my rear brake lights is out and needs to go back to the service centre :/

BUT it's great fun, perfect transport and subjectively rather handsome. Good luck with your order!