Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Standard Plus Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday and love the car - some dumb questions (sorry I'm not sure how to search the forum).

1) I can't figure out how to turn on the fog lights (I tried the left stalk and I can get a faint gray symbol to show up next to the green low headlights symbol but they look more like parking lights?). I googled and found a screenshot showing what appears to be a separate foglight toggle in the lights settings but I don't have that.

2) I thought mine would come with a heated steering wheel but again I can't find the setting for this?

3) I formatted a USB to fat32 and plugged it into the front but still don't see the DashCam icon - am I missing something?

Other random thoughts: it was delivered right to my house at the scheduled appt (even moved it up a couple days from the original appt) - took ~20 min to sign papers and go over basics. No rattles that I could make out - and the trim/panel gaps look pretty good (I was preparing for the worst based on things I've seen online). Played with the NFC cards a few times and they work but it seemed like they needed to be put in the exact spot for a few seconds before the car wakes up. Seats are comfortable and look great (got standard black partial premium). Overall wow factor goes to the glass roof (wife and kids agree). Rear camera is the widest/clearest I've seen. The Autopilot basic safety features appear to be standard, which is a nice surprise (after I updated to the latest software, I now have a 30-day AP trial as well). No Homelink is unfortunate (even my Leaf had it!). Aero covers look better in person but I still pulled them off. Charging plug takes quite a bit of force to pull out (I actually thought it was broken for a while and used the manual release in the trunk to disengage). Came from a previous-gen Leaf and multiple BMWs before that (3-series, M3, M5) - the Model 3S+ ride/handling reminds me of a non-M 3-series...instant acceleration is impressive (got a head rush) - I can only image what a P3D would feel like.

Thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: voip-ninja
Awesome thanks for the quick response!

1) Ok I guess I don't have foglights then (the lower lights do light up - but more like white-colored parking lights) :/
2) Okay good to know
3) Yep - created it in the base directory. Will check it out again later

Took delivery yesterday and love the car - some dumb questions (sorry I'm not sure how to search the forum).

1) I can't figure out how to turn on the fog lights (I tried the left stalk and I can get a faint gray symbol to show up next to the green low headlights symbol but they look more like parking lights?). I googled and found a screenshot showing what appears to be a separate foglight toggle in the lights settings but I don't have that.
I believe it's automatic?
2) I thought mine would come with a heated steering wheel but again I can't find the setting for this?
I don't believe that's an actual feature. At least I'm unaware of it and I have the P3D.
3) I formatted a USB to fat32 and plugged it into the front but still don't see the DashCam icon - am I missing something?
There needs to be a folder at the root level called TeslaCam for it to work.

Fog lights are also accessible from the quick settings menu. They are fog lights, not parking lights.

That's a bummer on the homelink. I thought that the extra feature with the premium interior was the location-aware piece, not the fact that it had homelink at all. It's a bummer for any car in 2019 to not include homelink. My Leaf SV didn't have it, either. Just feels silly for such a technologically-advanced car to not have something so simple.

Cool thx for the responses - kind of lame that fog lights are listed in the SR+ package but apparently not available (not in quick settings and the light stalk doesn't do it either). I did create a TeslaCam folder in the root directory but will check it out again.

so no garage door opener in the SR+ is included? I was reading another thread where the OP said Tesla told him the SR+ will have garage door opener but not the auto open feature as you pull into your driveway...

Reactions: T-Will
so no garage door opener in the SR+ is included? I was reading another thread where the OP said Tesla told him the SR+ will have garage door opener but not the auto open feature as you pull into your driveway...
Correct - no garage opener whatsoever in the SR+...I saw on another thread someone suggesting that Tesla might offer Homelink hardware at some point. Until then, it's back to the 'ol clicker.

• Informative
Reactions: T-Will
My brother and I both received our SR+ this week. We both have the same software level.

* I have the foglight setting and he does not
* both have 14 speakers with only 8 working
* no immersive sound setting despite it being listed for partial premium
* no subwoofer or amp in trunk, and wiring harness does not include the wires, plugs for them
* no homelink

My brother and I both received our SR+ this week. We both have the same software level.

* no immersive sound setting despite it being listed for partial premium
* no subwoofer or amp in trunk, and wiring harness does not include the wires, plugs for them
* no homelink
In my SR+ there’s no fog light setting or immersive sound options either (v2019.5.15). Also noticed that the fog lights are installed, just no way to turn them on.

Did anyone else notice any other quirks? Few others I found in my SR+

* Only satellite view is available during the day (no option to switch)
* No front trunk mat
* My AP trial that came with the car is actually EAP, with summon & Nav on autopilot included

Reactions: kjyam98

You are the first SR+ owner to find more than 8 speakers. Can you identify the locations of the disabled speakers for us. Not sure what to make of the foglight setting. Have you tried calling support to ask?

In my SR+ there’s no fog light setting or immersive sound options either (v2019.5.15). Also noticed that the fog lights are installed, just no way to turn them on.

Did anyone else notice any other quirks? Few others I found in my SR+

* Only satellite view is available during the day (no option to switch)
* No front trunk mat
* My AP trial that came with the car is actually EAP, with summon & Nav on autopilot included

SR+ does not include the front trunk mat. The EAP trial makes sense as some of the additional features of EAP have now been moved to FSD, so they are probably allowing you to try them in the hopes that you will purchase both AP and FSD after the trial.

Last edited:
You are the first SR+ owner to find more than 8 speakers. Can you identify the locations of the disabled speakers for us. Not sure what to make of the foglight setting. Have you tried calling support to ask?

SR+ does not include the front trunk mat. The EAP trial makes sense as some of the additional features of EAP have now been moved to FSD, so they are probably allowing you to try them in the hopes that you will purchase both AP and FSD after the trial.

The speakers that work are the rear doors (2), the front lowers (2) and the dash (4). Thr pillar speakers (2), the upper door (2) and rear deck do not.

Picked up a SR+ today. Has anyone figured if there is any way to enable real time traffic navigation? Was hoping they could pull this data from a paired Bluetooth or USB docked phone, but no luck.

Both SR and SR+ have:

"Standard maps & navigation"

To get "Live Traffic", you need Mid Range and higher.

I suppose there's a hacker who can figure all this out but would that person come out the closet is another matter.