Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 t-boned. Need DV Expert, Appraiser and Legal Help in Orange County

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a similar issue with my X last year. Wife got hit on the highway, about 5k in damages. I called one of those personal injury attorneys, he gave me the number of his independent DV adjuster.

I had my insurance company pay for all the repairs, got the police report and had them go after the at-fault insurance company. Meanwhile I took the now fixed X to the DV adjuster and had him write up his evaluation (over 30 pages all said and done).

After the insurance companies were done arguing I ended up with all the repairs paid for, my rental fully covered and my deductible refunded. Then, I sent the DV report to the at-fault insurance company. Within 30 days and after about two emails reminding them, I got a check in the mail.

• Helpful
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
I had a similar issue with my X last year. Wife got hit on the highway, about 5k in damages. I called one of those personal injury attorneys, he gave me the number of his independent DV adjuster.

I had my insurance company pay for all the repairs, got the police report and had them go after the at-fault insurance company. Meanwhile I took the now fixed X to the DV adjuster and had him write up his evaluation (over 30 pages all said and done).

After the insurance companies were done arguing I ended up with all the repairs paid for, my rental fully covered and my deductible refunded. Then, I sent the DV report to the at-fault insurance company. Within 30 days and after about two emails reminding them, I got a check in the mail.
Guessing the at fault insurance co wasn’t one of the cheap ones?

I don't think it matters if they're a cheap one. The one I fought with was very frugal and full of lies too. The law is the law and at some point threats of lawsuits and complaints with the CA Dept of Insurance should get them in line

They don't have to declare the car a total loss, but they have to pay DV and LOU which can end up costing them more

Guessing the at fault insurance co wasn’t one of the cheap ones?

They actually were, but there wasn’t much they could do at that point. The DV adjusters are hard to fight (my guy said he has an over 90% success rate getting full amount for his clients). The key is to make sure the repair is done well, so they can’t blame the DV on the body shop.

The at fault insurance basically never responded to me after I submitted it but after a few pissy emails the check showed up. They were a**holes at every step of the process during and after. We had video and a police report and they still tried for 3mos to deny being at fault.

The DV alone was over double the cost of the accident repair, so it wasn’t insignificant.

Not to say I wasn’t skeptical, thought I was getting hosed every step of the way till the end, so just be persistent if you end up same issue. I think they hoped I would forget and they would just never cut the check. They won’t pay any DV claims until the case is closed, so they love to toss that around, especially in our case which was multiple cars and about 5 different insurance companies making claims against them.