Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tint Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3M Crystalline - 70% windshield, 20% all other

Attachments

• tesla tint.JPG
    tesla tint.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 2,852
Some people claim they can see fine with limo tint.

Personally, anything lower than 30% degrades my visibility too much at night. But, I scan constantly for cops and stuff so I'm looking for details. Maybe they just look and if they can still see a headlight, that's good enough to tell them something is there. 20% wouldn't be too bad, but that's darker than I'd like for visibility reasons. I'd like it for privacy reasons though.

Lies. I got it. My installer ordered a 20 feet roll to do mine in one piece

I pushed him some more on the issue he came clean he said there's not enough current demand for ordering 60" rolls in his case at the moment. I guess he stays busy enough without having to do one piece rears for model 3's in CTX lol. Basically I guess if he ordered it, he would do my car with it and he thinks the rest of the roll would sit and collect dust.

not the best pic but here's 50% crystalline windows, 70% windshield

Chowfun, I'm trying to decide between crystalline 50% and 40% on the windows and 70% or 90% on the windshield. It would be a great help if you could take a few more pics of your car. Maybe a few directly on the side and directly in front... and if I can impose one from behind the wheel looking out the front windshield. It would be really helpful. After being a regular lurker since the reveal, I created an account just to ask this question. Thanks!

Chowfun, I'm trying to decide between crystalline 50% and 40% on the windows and 70% or 90% on the windshield. It would be a great help if you could take a few more pics of your car. Maybe a few directly on the side and directly in front... and if I can impose one from behind the wheel looking out the front windshield. It would be really helpful. After being a regular lurker since the reveal, I created an account just to ask this question. Thanks!

Here you go.

Attachments

• IMG_20180712_164705.jpg
    IMG_20180712_164705.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 2,527
  • IMG_20180712_164452.jpg
    IMG_20180712_164452.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 2,633