Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Trim Levels with competition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Though it is true the BMW 3-Series sedan is around 183 inches long, and cars in the price range from Cadillac, AUDI, and Mercedes-Benz don't crest 185 inches, the 3-Series Gran Turismo is 190 inches long. I expect the Tesla Model ≡ to be slightly longer than those notchback sedans, because it will be a liftback like the Model S.
I think it will be closer to 183 than 190 - if Tesla literally targets BMW 3. Afterall, S is 195.9".

But I should note the largest selling car in the US is 190.9" long - Camry. This is the size most American families are comfortable with ...

As a result of not having to accommodate a large ICE up front, they may be able to make Model 3 larger on the inside than a BMW 3-series, without making it any larger on the outside.

That kind of exercise can lead to an i3 ;)

It is difficult to make a shorter, aerodynamic sleek looking car that has a good amount of headspace and the floor is not too low (which makes it difficult for older folks to get in & out). Some of these things don't change whether it is an ICE or EV.