Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 UK PCP Price Calculator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

Here it is!

Version 1 of the Model 3 UK price calculator. Apologies for the quick post but I wanted to get version 1 out tonight for comments.

A few points;

• Costs - averaged based on Model S/X different from USD to GBP (you can see these calculations on the 2nd sheet, cars improve exchange rate the more you spend, and options are most 1:1 which is annoying, a lot of assumptions here).
  • PCP calculation - locked at 5.4% at 48 months (for now - until I have enough brain power to figure out Tesla's depreciation curve).

Complete the orange "input" cells and the sheet will calculate your PCP payments. Checked against existing Tesla examples.

Any comments let me know - this is very much a V1!

Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1itiq5mu997zql/Tesla-Model3-Calculator.xlsx?dl=1

A better base for comparison would be EU prices, given that they will be EU spec cars. Who knows what cost implications CCS has, for example.

Also Autopilot is mandatory on all models except SR, which probably won't be sold in the UK anyway. So I guess by "Autopilot" you mean "Fake Full Self Driving".

I think your prices look way too low. For example the SR+ is expected to be around £41-42k in the UK, based on EU pricing.

Also don't forget to include luxury car tax when the base price (before PICG) is over £39999.99. That adds £320/year, or £1600 over 5 years (after which it goes down to zero).

In any case, using your figures a basic SR+ with no options works out at £500/month over 48 months.

A better base for comparison would be EU prices, given that they will be EU spec cars. Who knows what cost implications CCS has, for example.

Also Autopilot is mandatory on all models except SR, which probably won't be sold in the UK anyway. So I guess by "Autopilot" you mean "Fake Full Self Driving".

I think your prices look way too low. For example the SR+ is expected to be around £41-42k in the UK, based on EU pricing.

Also don't forget to include luxury car tax when the base price (before PICG) is over £39999.99. That adds £320/year, or £1600 over 5 years (after which it goes down to zero).

In any case, using your figures a basic SR+ with no options works out at £500/month over 48 months.

I actually disagree here - if you translate the French configurator from EUR to GBP - you'll get similar prices (in some cases cheaper)

For instance €42,600 -> £36,800 - whilst my sheet lists this at £37,800, the same is true if you check the performance too.

Good point re Luxury Car Tax (£320 per year). It might only be year 2 onwards? So for a 4 year ownership thats essentially £1000 or is it year 1 also meaning approx £1300?

Anyone else very torn by all this? Id like a Model 3 but am totally happy with the SR+ range. Not so happy with lack of Premium features - essentially for me just Spotify/traffic on map though the audio system/speakers would be nice also. I have seen people mention some of these software features being available for £ on Partial Premium but who knows when/if...

I could likely live without the FSD though it would be madness to pay afterwards for it on a PCP purchase - would only make sense upfront.

Maybe wishful thinking but I did a similar spreadsheet and got a comparison of USD to UK (before incentive) of x0.97. So taking the SR+ of $39,500 to £38,315 then take of the incentive -£3,500, making the SR+ around £34,815. I may be too optimistic though.

Good point re Luxury Car Tax (£320 per year). It might only be year 2 onwards? So for a 4 year ownership thats essentially £1000 or is it year 1 also meaning approx £1300?

Year 1 is zero, year 2 onward to year 6 is £320/year and will likely increase. So £1600 by year six.

Anyone else very torn by all this? Id like a Model 3 but am totally happy with the SR+ range. Not so happy with lack of Premium features - essentially for me just Spotify/traffic on map though the audio system/speakers would be nice also. I have seen people mention some of these software features being available for £ on Partial Premium but who knows when/if...

I could likely live without the FSD though it would be madness to pay afterwards for it on a PCP purchase - would only make sense upfront.

Lack of tinted windows, and that's for black paint and black interior. SR+ is limited to 100kW charging.

The cheapest paint is likely £1000, red probably £2000. If it somehow sneaks in under £40k I can see there being a lot of black Model 3 SR+ cars around.

I actually disagree here - if you translate the French configurator from EUR to GBP - you'll get similar prices (in some cases cheaper)

For instance €42,600 -> £36,800 - whilst my sheet lists this at £37,800, the same is true if you check the performance too.

That's the price including the €6000 incentive. Before the incentive it's just under £42,000.

Not so happy with

Welcome to Tesla: start with "Upsell" and go from there, I'm afraid. From a business perspective it makes sense: "We can sell all we can make, we are a new company, we need a SHED load of capital to fulfil our objectives, owners who fit those criteria APPLY HERE ..."

I could likely live without the FSD though

I think the absence of change-lanes on Motorway (without disengage/re-engage) is causing me to lean towards having it. Huge chunk-of-change though ...

That's the price including the €6000 incentive. Before the incentive it's just under £42,000.

Damn. You could be right here... although my figure £37,800 is without incentive - so we have some room here for everything to still be affordable.

It’s also possible that they’ll raise the APR just to be painful, although I hope not. 5.4% is already too high for this market

How lazy are you?

its a fair point but:

BingBong every time is annoying to passengers
Therefore doubtful I will move to outside lane (which inherently turns AP off), AND then put AP back on for the passing move, and then BingBong back to inside lane and then put AP back on again. More likely AP Off, move to outside lane, overtake, move back to inside, put AP back on again
Consequence of which is that all the time I am not on AP I will not have the benefit of the AP safety features.

That last bit alone is causing me to think that I should pay $5,000 for FSD for peace of mind, particularly (as is the case) if buying for Junior Family Member

Damn. You could be right here... although my figure £37,800 is without incentive - so we have some room here for everything to still be affordable.

It’s also possible that they’ll raise the APR just to be painful, although I hope not. 5.4% is already too high for this market

It ain't gonna be £4k cheaper in the UK than in France, especially considering that it's the lower volume RHD version. And the tax is calculated on the list price, before grant, regardless of what you actually pay, so even £2k cheaper to avoid the £1,600 tax is unlikely.

Once you factor in the road tax it's looking like £43,600 for black paint, black interior, no upgrades. If you are very lucky, with the grant they might squeeze it under £40k just to make you feel psychologically better with a '3' at the front, but the PCP is going to be £600+/48 months.

It ain't gonna be £4k cheaper in the UK than in France, especially considering that it's the lower volume RHD version. And the tax is calculated on the list price, before grant, regardless of what you actually pay, so even £2k cheaper to avoid the £1,600 tax is unlikely.

Once you factor in the road tax it's looking like £43,600 for black paint, black interior, no upgrades. If you are very lucky, with the grant they might squeeze it under £40k just to make you feel psychologically better with a '3' at the front, but the PCP is going to be £600+/48 months.

Sadly I suspect that you are entirely correct... and I cannot justify the expense of a Model 3. :(

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

I’m actually going to stake it on you being wrong here. If you look at the base prices (USD to GBP) of the S and X, before incentives in both cases, they are always less in GBP than they are in USD (as should be expected). Even the options are the same or *slightly* less. Based on the SR+ being $39,500 in the US, there is no way this is going to be more than £40k.

I did further research on this and Tesla are bumping up the price in Europe by over 10%. So for the SR+, I think we are looking at the french price before incentive of €48,600 x 0.89 = £43,254 then minus UK incentive. So down to £39,755. So over the £40000 tax threshold and way over my budget. Let’s home I’m wrong or we can order the standard range non plus. Guess we will find out tomorrow or Thursday.
B9A5CD75-CA9C-4DFF-84D5-0E1004ED7859.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person