Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 VIN advice - 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to purchase a used Model 3 (preferably long range) and read that if it's going to be 2018, to purchase anything with a VIN with the last six digits greater than 100000.

I read that Seat comfort, fit and finish, drive train, and other issues have been corrected over earlier builds.

Any truth to this?

I don't think there's a great deal of science in that number. Additionally I don't recall widespread issues regarding drivetrain nor seats but anything that would have stopped a car would have been remedied as they're under warranty. Like any 2nd hand car from any vendor, check the car out you're specifically looking at - I don't think sweeping generalisations will be helpful to you.

Reactions: OCR1
I'm looking to purchase a used Model 3 (preferably long range) and read that if it's going to be 2018, to purchase anything with a VIN with the last six digits greater than 100000.

I read that Seat comfort, fit and finish, drive train, and other issues have been corrected over earlier builds.

Any truth to this?
I also would check with Tesla, if auto pilot will have to be purchased separately and how much that would cost.