Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I know, there's been no official cut-off announced for deliveries before the end of the year, and we've all heard the theory that there's a push towards the end of the quarter for delivery, especially west coast. I'm about to order myself, but am also watching inventory, as the 12/3 reduction of CVRP would be nice to avoid if possible.

Geez, Tesla's trying to build their brand worldwide. Presumabley they're doing this for long term growth, which hopefully leads to financial stability for the company, which is a plus for all of us.

Is it a bit annoying for those that have to wait? Sure, I have a car on order as well, but all this crying about Tesla not caring about its home customers and that we should call and bitch to SA's is silly.
I hate waiting but if theyre doing what it takes to make my tsla shares go up then do it!

Reactions: CaptainSlooow
Geez, Tesla's trying to build their brand worldwide. Presumabley they're doing this for long term growth, which hopefully leads to financial stability for the company, which is a plus for all of us.

Is it a bit annoying for those that have to wait? Sure, I have a car on order as well, but all this crying about Tesla not caring about its home customers and that we should call and bitch to SA's is silly.

Seriously. Have some maturity. The wait has been very frustrating, yeah, but whining like an impatient child is sad and embarrassing.

Went to the Fremont delivery to see what’s up. People there saying cars are being made for export still.
Not sure they know too much. Told them I ordered Oct 9 and the website said about two weeks for delivery. One guy insisted that could not be true.

In any case as far as they know December is probably when Delivery might happen

Friendly people

Went to the Fremont delivery to see what’s up. People there saying cars are being made for export still.
Not sure they know too much. Told them I ordered Oct 9 and the website said about two weeks for delivery. One guy insisted that could not be true.

Friendly people

Export still!!!! I can't believe that people aren't the least bit annoyed by this. I think we've had good confirmation of this now.

I'm sure the real Tesla people are really nice. They are probably getting gray hair every day! They're just trying to make a living the hard way!

BTW, I live in Novato too. You're picking up in Fremont? I plan (if I ever get a car assigned) to pick up in SF. Why Fremont? That's one hell of a traffic mess.

Export still!!!! I can't believe that people aren't the least bit annoyed by this. I think we've had good confirmation of this now.

I'm sure the real Tesla people are really nice. They are probably getting gray hair every day! They're just trying to make a living the hard way!

BTW, I live in Novato too. You're picking up in Fremont? I plan (if I ever get a car assigned) to pick up in SF. Why Fremont? That's one hell of a traffic mess.
I thought I was picking it up at the factory like getting warm bread at a bakery

• Funny
Reactions: skydreamerjae
Kinda is, but it will get cold on the long drive home. Seriously, though - Fremont isn't that bad depending on what day and when. I'd change to Fremont since it appears that every day counts - but I don't dare because it could delay the car even more. I'm already down for San Francisco delivery.

I guess the delivery location is why the cars have a few miles on them?

For me I have a 25 year old Honda Civic that is finally showing its age and I expected to be stranded any moment. I was giving myself permission for the extravagant purchase of a model 3 in part because of this. But as things are looking my Honda hopefully will live a while longer

After visiting both SF and Fremont locations, I decided to go with Fremont since it’s down the street from where the cars are built and they’ll be able to process a lot more vehicles. 80/880 will be brutal tho so I’ll probably take BART to Fremont and Uber the rest of way.

Reactions: Jbad
From what we’ve seen posted here and Tez.la, clearly they are building cars for N.America. Obviously foreign cars are still coming off the line. We are getting to the middle of the quarter, so there will soon be little point in keeping that up.

Next, purportedly, a huge batch of LR/ARWs. I’ve heard this from two SAs, repeating info coming from corporate. Let’s hope they’re right!

HaHa... Seriously though is over a week normal for no email (past the original thank-you for your order), no SA call nothing? Wondering if I should preemptively call the SC or not... Not that I'll learn anything just want to make sure I'm in the system.

I got one email after I placed my order on 10/11 from my SA. Not once he reached out on his own or anyone from Tesla proactively. I've called and emailed my SA and delivery center myself to get the info i needed. I did receive my first unsolicited text about the Tesla workshop at my delivery center this weekend.
So there you go. They'll reach out when they have something to say.

From what we’ve seen posted here and Tez.la, clearly they are building cars for N.America. Obviously foreign cars are still coming off the line. We are getting to the middle of the quarter, so there will soon be little point in keeping that up.

Next, purportedly, a huge batch of LR/ARWs. I’ve heard this from two SAs, repeating info coming from corporate. Let’s hope they’re right!

So do they have separate lines for the S/X and the 3's?

Yes, from what I was told, and what seems to be happening - about 40% of the cars coming off the line go to N. America. The rest are going to Europe, etc. They have left hand drive like everyone else, and the cars are probably easily configured to work in Norway, Germany, etc. They drive over there just like us - only a little faster and gas is about 3x as much.

European cars mostly go to leasing companies which is not like leasing in the US. Leasing there is a way for a company to give a company car to an employee which they can use for personal use too. So there are likely a lot of cars going to big companies ... easier deliveries and more money for Tesla.

I will guess that they will keep this up through November. This is obviously not the typical pattern.

Perhaps a huge batch of cars AWD LR, but to Europe first - probably a large portion of that batch. For those of us in California, it will be X-mas madness for sure. Likely nothing for the next four weeks. I'm hearing the same thing too many times and people are seeing car carriers of Model 3's with European plate holders going up 101 toward SF.

Reactions: skydreamerjae

Friendly people
I learned from the Tesla associate who has been helping me throughout, that my car (ordered Sept.26) was finally getting a build date scheduled and should complete production Nov.11th. It won't reach me (Hawaii) until Dec., but I am just glad it is getting built finally!

Reactions: TheUmp