Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 where’s the summon? [answered]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have FSD, its right on the home screen in the app. If you dont have FSD, you dont have summon.
Is FSD worth it? If you live in an area they don't even allow it. It seems like summon is nothing more than a $12,000 party trick. I bought a car without it but really don't see how it would do much for me until it is actually a full self autonomous car.

Is FSD worth it? If you live in an area they don't even allow it. It seems like summon is nothing more than a $12,000 party trick. I bought a car without it but really don't see how it would do much for me until it is actually a full self autonomous car.

I dont participate at all in the "is FSD worth it" discussion as I am not in the slightest interested in that debate.

There are plenty of people who are, however, and you can participate fully in that discussion in the autopilot / FSD subforum, which is here:

As a general note, however, people who like FSD are, in general, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over discussing it back and forth here, so what you generally have is a bunch of people how dont like it going back and forth about it.

I have a 2018 with EAP that has about 85% of the stuff FSD currently provides, at a fraction of what it now costs. Other than Navigate on Autopilot, and maybe one or two other things I wouldn’t say it’s worth $12k today. Not by a long shot. Someday, that’ll change and they’ll roll out some of the things they‘ve been promising (and folks have been paying for) for years, but I don’t see it happening anytime soon

So summon is now restricted to FSD? I thought summon was standard and 'smart' summon was FSD exclusive.

Regarding if FSD is worth it - that really depends. I can definitively say it is NOT worth it for summon. Summon is utter garbage and a total waste of time. It is a party trick at best. 7 times out of 10 when I try to get summon to pull my car into the garage it stops half way and I have to awkwardly try to climb in and pull it in the rest of the way manually. In parking lots 'smart' summon is a disaster and leads to embarrassment when the car drives like a drunk and eventually stops sideways blocking both lanes and refuses to move. Both features take painfully long to activate in the app - it is literally faster just to walk out to your car in a parking lot rather than stand around waiting for the feature to activate and be ready to work in the app.

If you have the option to subscribe to FSD and test it out first, I would recommend trying that before you pay the $12k. Even FSD (in its current state) is borderline unusable. It is not safe, not relaxing, and requires more driver attention than just driving yourself. Highway FSD is a totally different story, it's amazing - but probably not $12k more amazing than autopilot.

I dont participate at all in the "is FSD worth it" discussion as I am not in the slightest interested in that debate.

There are plenty of people who are, however, and you can participate fully in that discussion in the autopilot / FSD subforum, which is here:

As a general note, however, people who like FSD are, in general, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over discussing it back and forth here, so what you generally have is a bunch of people how dont like it going back and forth about it.
Thank you. Very new member here I have only driven about 200 miles so far. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. So far I like the model 3 performance long range but not seeing a huge advantage over the Honda Accord we traded in other than awesome acceleration, ride and lower operation costs. Definitely was expecting a bit more magic though for the huge jump in price. Hopefully Tesla delivers more on promised technology with updates and maybe brings down the price of FSD with competition moving in.

Thank you. Very new member here I have only driven about 200 miles so far. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. So far I like the model 3 performance long range but not seeing a huge advantage over the Honda Accord we traded in other than awesome acceleration, ride and lower operation costs.

I figured that, which is why I gave you a link to where the "FSD" discussion is happening, so you can read / join in if you choose to do so.

As for "Im not seeing much difference over the Honda Accord other than the awesome acceleration, ride and lower operation costs" is kind of like saying:

"I am not seeing much difference between having a 47 inch tv in my living room with a soundbar, and having an 85 inch TV with full Dolby atmos sound, with the exception that the 85 inch TV is larger and the Dolby atmos system sounds better".

The difference between the two is what you pointed out. The acceleration, handling, and in general lower running costs.

• Funny
Reactions: valaeyron and tm1v2
No. Probably never will be unless they drastically drop the price (i.e 10% of what it costs currently)
Ok well if it works anything like the auto steer it probably isn't ready for prime time. It wants your hands on the wheel but clicks off so easy it's more of an annoyance than anything. Maybe I have my settings wrong or something but if I take my hands off wheel it stops or I turn the wheel the slightest it stops too. Maybe takes some getting used to but it's a frustrating feature at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.