Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: Wind Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up mine March 12, same issue but on the passenger side. Really bad if its windy, I am deaf in the right ear so it must be loud. Had other issues with both trunks needing to be aligned before we left Fremont. Took over 2 hours. Love the car otherwise

I picked up mine March 12, same issue but on the passenger side. Really bad if its windy, I am deaf in the right ear so it must be loud. Had other issues with both trunks needing to be aligned before we left Fremont. Took over 2 hours. Love the car otherwise
My trunk is the same. It seems to have a gap on one side. I did the quick pick up with this Corona thing going on so they didn’t let me walk it while I was there. I have a service appointment for them to come to my house on Wednesday to look at it I suppose...

Ours took long because we had a paint flaw so they touched it up and rewashed. Then we notice the gap close to a 1/2" on one side and a 1/4" on the other. They adjusted a rubber bumper and got it close. Only had 69% charge, didn't want to wait any longer for them to charge because of traffic in the bay area. Hope they can fix the wind noise, will try to get ours in next week.

Ours took long because we had a paint flaw so they touched it up and rewashed. Then we notice the gap close to a 1/2" on one side and a 1/4" on the other. They adjusted a rubber bumper and got it close. Only had 69% charge, didn't want to wait any longer for them to charge because of traffic in the bay area. Hope they can fix the wind noise, will try to get ours in next week.
Yea, I can’t believe I’d get charged, I just picked it up yesterday. Good luck to you

I just picked up my model 3 yesterday and it has a wind noise coming from the driver side window. The noise sounds like it is down so little you can’t see it down but makes that noise. Is this normal?
Mine comes from where the corner of the window meets the B pillar. Unnoticeable until you get to about 65 and progressively worse. I don’t seem to hear this from the passengers side.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Cause they know exactly what the factory didn’t do right many times over? :cool:
That’s sad. In the text they sent me to reschedule it says to let them know if the date works and when I replied... Nothing... ‍♂️

Attachments

• 152315C3-4072-45EB-A715-8C44614F74D8.png
    152315C3-4072-45EB-A715-8C44614F74D8.png
    466.4 KB · Views: 368

same issue here with my model 3 perf+ from 03-18-2020 VIN 682xxx
wind noise on the passenger side window or mirror (seal seems to be ok)!?
could you please tell us what was wrong as far as you know? thank you

LR AWD picked up March 23 with lots of wind noise coming from drivers side window. Sounds similar to many of others. Not coming from passenger side. I have an appointment on 4/9 to have it checked out. This is my only gripe with the car, hope they can fix it!

Mine comes from where the corner of the window meets the B pillar. Unnoticeable until you get to about 65 and progressively worse. I don’t seem to hear this from the passengers side.
Hi there, Any solution for this problem? Tesla Service has still not been able to fix it after 5 appointments. I taped all parts to see if I could find the cause myself….. No idea whatvto do next…

My model 3 had terrible wind noise seemingly coming out of the dash. The sound was a pretty loud whistle at 80 MPH or above. Took it into service and rode with techs several times. This was attributed to "turbulence" and can't guarantee no wind noise above the speed limit (really). The cowling trim was removed and reseated several times and still the same outcome. I suspected the windshield and was right. Months later my windshield was replaced due to a rock strike. After the windshield replacement, my wind nose went away. Of course, this created a new problem as now the windshield leaked heavily into the car when it rained. Took it back and they replaced the windshield again, and all is well.

If you haven't yet, have someone ride with you who can help pinpoint the area where the noise is coming from. Don't discount the larger glass from causing noise, and don't use aftermarket silicone bands to mitigate wind noise as these push down the belting attached to the glass. Don't give up. You will get this resolved!