Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Windscreen Cleaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone notice a significant difference in the amount of screen wash delivered by the passenger side wiper vs the drivers side? My passenger side of the screen is lovey and clean but there’s barely a trickle delivered by the drivers side wiper!! Is this normal?!

Secondly, any recommendations on screen wash solution? - I’ve put some mid quality screen wash in the car at the required winter ratio and when I wash the screen the wipers go crazy. They didn’t do this with the original screen wash from car delivery.

Not yet had cause to fill the M3P up, but always used Tesco own brand stuff. Ready mixed and £3.50 for 5L. Doesn’t streak like some premium brands and cheap as chips.

Got a couple I’m the garage for when I need it - probably soon given my mileage and current weather.

Semi off topic, but Does the M3 give a low fluid warning?

It does indeed - pops up a little notification under the car image on the screen. Goes off after a few minutes of driving. I topped up after a week of having the notification so not sure what the threshold levels are.

Will give the Tesco screenwash a try on the next time round. Thanks for the advice 👍

Does anyone notice a significant difference in the amount of screen wash delivered by the passenger side wiper vs the drivers side? My passenger side of the screen is lovey and clean but there’s barely a trickle delivered by the drivers side wiper!! Is this normal?!

Secondly, any recommendations on screen wash solution? - I’ve put some mid quality screen wash in the car at the required winter ratio and when I wash the screen the wipers go crazy. They didn’t do this with the original screen wash from car delivery.
There shouldn’t be any difference between left and right. Try tracing the tubing as a connector may be coming adrift. I’ve not noticed any special requirements with regard to screen wash… take your pick. I doubt it’s got anything to do with your crazy wipers. My bet is that next time you drive all will be well.

Unlike Mercedes, I don’t think you need use magical unicorn screenwash mixed with pixie tears- any will do.

When the washers stopped working on my 4 month old Merc I was refused a warranty repair as I “couldn’t prove I hadn’t used the wrong type of screenwash”. I hadn’t used any. They refused to back down, as did customer services. £100+ bill.