Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Windshield wiper washing not efficient.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2020 model year 3 wipers are pretty terrible as well, specifically when trying to utilize the fluid. I can hear the pump only activating at the bottom of the arm action, which means it never gets the window wet enough at the top of the swing to actually clean anything. It leaves streaks all over and dust/debris are rubbed around dry right in the line of sight. I'm pretty nervous about what is going to happen during that time of year you get some salt/moisture road spray obstructing the view, but not enough to stay wet so the wiper can clear the window. Suppose I'll be keeping a squirt bottle of washer fluid in the door pocket, which is silly on a $60k car.

In the rain they're as adequate as 10yr old wipers on a typical car.

Reactions: Kevin-rf
It did take a bit of getting used to, but after a couple of days I realized that the fluid is getting everywhere it needs to on the window. The difference is that it’s just being carried up by the wiper blades rather than aimed directly on the window glass.

In my case both this function and general wiping during rain seem to work at least as well as on my previous cars. Not sure if defects or manufacturing differences are resulting in a different experience for some owners.

Reactions: AZAV8R
That's the first thing I learned when using the wipers.... never leave the front windows open while doing that. It's pretty much SOP for any vehicle and not something specifically a Tesla problem.

My wipers have been working fine, functionally. That is to say they clean the crap off my windows. Lately it's been smoke and ash from the fires here in CA, mixed in with the overnight dew that sets up. They're still the original set, so 26 months old. But being CA, there hasn't been much use for them due to actual rain falling from the sky.

I have a new pair of BOSCH 397014116 in the trunk ready to go, which from what I read here, is the same as OEM set. The only other thing I've done with the windshield washer system is to fill the tank last month.

Reactions: AZAV8R
I just find it weird having only the right side squirting fluid on a car that costs over $130k CAD. I wonder if the Taycan has two working wipers?!
Both wipers have squirters, on my Model 3, you can see the Tee and hose below. My driver's side is currently plugged like yours!
PXL_20221126_204913728.jpg
PXL_20221126_204917983.jpg