Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 / Y - Yuxi screen | New Telsa owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey all
I just collected my 3P last week and slowly doing things to it. eg 3M Ceramic IR tint, mudflaps, ceramic but the most cool thing I want to share is the Yuxi Space 5.5 inch screen.

Coming from an ICE car I have struggled without a display and didnt want get a sore neck.

It has two modes of visualisation and I purchased and got installed by a person who sells Telsa accessories in Brisbane for about $400.

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 153
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 1dd36006-97d1-48ac-84e0-a8aa4d5c30ca.jpg
    1dd36006-97d1-48ac-84e0-a8aa4d5c30ca.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 114
  • display1.jpg
    display1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 114
  • 1690322545043.png
    1690322545043.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 121
I don't know why people think its necessary to significantly modify their cars.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of these things but each to their own.

The vehicle comes with a large display but the whole idea is to look at the road, not the screen.
The blindspot camera allows quick visualisation on the screen rather than looking back
The relative speed warning settings allow less eyeball time on the screen and more eyeball time on the road ahead.
The voice commands and the 2 scroll wheels work well enough for me at least to not need to touch the screen when driving

Anything else such as tyre pressure, range remaining do not require constant monitoring.
And D? whats the point of that?

Sore neck? Unless your eyes can't move to do a quick glance, I cant see how sore neck would occur.

#Lessscreensnotmore.....

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: AUSEd
I don't know why people think its necessary to significantly modify their cars.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of these things but each to their own.

The vehicle comes with a large display but the whole idea is to look at the road, not the screen.
The blindspot camera allows quick visualisation on the screen rather than looking back
The relative speed warning settings allow less eyeball time on the screen and more eyeball time on the road ahead.
The voice commands and the 2 scroll wheels work well enough for me at least to not need to touch the screen when driving

Sore neck? Unless your eyes can't move to do a quick glance, I cant see how sore neck would occur.

#Lessscreensnotmore.....
The optimum solution IMO is a centre entertainment screen with a full function windscreen HUD for the driver. Although the model 3/Y single screen is workable and you get used to it relatively quickly (and would never give you a sore neck), I think not having information directly in front of the driver with either a screen or a HUD is a compromise.

I think not having information directly in front of the driver with either a screen or a HUD is a compromise.
I understand that people may have different view on this.
However, I think so long as speed is quickly available with a quick glance, I don't see the need for a 2nd screen.
This screen still requires a quick glance away from looking out the windscreen
Nothing else apart from speed is really necessary.

Additionally Tesla already has overspeed warning and other warnings such as low tyre pressure, I have found for myself that I can keep my eyes looking out instead of in much more in the Tesla compared to the ICE.

A HUD might be marginally better.

the turn signal camera
Good point. If anything, that would be the most important info.
But when turning the natural head position would be to look in the direction of the turn before and during the turn/or lane change so the best spot for these visualisations would actually be on the A pillar.
However, IMO multiple screens duplicating the same information just complicates things....

YMMV of course, but for me keep it simple...

Reactions: fholbert
A full function HUD
Im not sold on HUDS, having driven a few ICE with aftermarket HUDS but it might be the implementation.
A good HUD should not be in the direct field of vision IMO.
A potential issue might be that it still requires a change on visual focus - from outside the windscreen to the windscreen. But agree it would be a quicker glance than from outside to tesla display - if required. I find the audible speed warning impressive.

Last edited:
Im not sold on HUDS, having driven a few ICE with aftermarket HUDS but it might be the implementation.
A potential issue might be that it still requires a change on visual focus - from outside the windscreen to the windscreen. But agree it would be a quicker glance than from outside to tesla display - if required. I find the audible speed warning impressive.
My HUD is not aftermarket. I have adjusted the height to fall between my car and the car in front, so slightly under my normal driving view. I sometimes drive with long distance glasses, but somehow the the HUD is always in focus with or without them, and it ‘appears’ out on the road not on the windscreen, even though I know it is a reflection from the windscreen. Hence never in my field of view, never a need to change focus or adjust my focal length.

• Informative
Reactions: Quickst
My HUD is not aftermarket. I have adjusted the height to fall between my car and the car in front, so slightly under my normal driving view. I sometimes drive with long distance glasses, but somehow the the HUD is always in focus with or without them, and it ‘appears’ out on the road not on the windscreen, even though I know it is a reflection from the windscreen. Hence never in my field of view, never a need to change focus or adjust my focal length.
What type of vehicle is your HUD on?

What I miss from the Mini.
Had that weird HUD with its own screen not window although up front in eyesight.
Not sure much difference looking to left or looking down with a Steering wheel HUD.

Other thing I miss from my 2015 Mini was it had a limit button.
Get to the speed you wanted click and it not easily let you go past.
you could adjust up and down the speed like cruise control.

I honestly have no problem with people putting HUD's in.
Was there one screen for simplicity or also to save costs.
New S and X seem to have a normal screen in front of steering wheel :)
Although now no stalks he he

Looks nice, I think HUDs are a matter of personal preference, some might get used to not having and some might get it added :)

I have seen many doing a lot of modifications, not just HUDs, does these changes impact insurance or vehicle warranty ? I am guessing these will fall under after market modifications

Looks nice, I think HUDs are a matter of personal preference, some might get used to not having and some might get it added :)

I have seen many doing a lot of modifications, not just HUDs, does these changes impact insurance or vehicle warranty ? I am guessing these will fall under after market modifications

Indeed just like people who put massive wheels and lower Tesla’s and increase the chance of damage. Just a Personal opinion.

I remember watching a Rich’s Rebuild on YouTube where some person struck something under their car and it wasn’t covered by warranty.