Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 75 faster than a S60?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a 75 as a loaner and it seems faster than my s60. Single motor and everything else the same. i though the only difference was the derated battery in the 60 vs the 75. did they software limit acceleration in the 60??
Right, the difference is the "uncorking" as @commasign says. Refresh Model S60's are not eligible for uncorking, only if the battery is upgraded to the full 75 kWh. The improvement is listed as going from 5.5 sec to 4.3 sec 0-60.

Right, the difference is the "uncorking" as @commasign says. Refresh Model S60's are not eligible for uncorking, only if the battery is upgraded to the full 75 kWh. The improvement is listed as going from 5.5 sec to 4.3 sec 0-60.
This is incorrect. Only D models are eligible for uncorking after purchase. 75 RWD models never were uncorked after delivery (though a small number of RWD 75s were sold uncorked from the factory before discontinuance).

• Informative
Reactions: commasign and BerTX
This is incorrect. Only D models are eligible for uncorking after purchase. 75 RWD models never were uncorked after delivery (though a small number of RWD 75s were sold uncorked from the factory before discontinuance).
You're right, they can't be uncorked after delivery. If produced after 6/2017, they came from the factory uncorked, which perhaps was the case for the OPs loaner.

Thanks for fixing my error.