Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2014 - active alerts just in service mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there! I have a Model S85 from 2014. Recently went into Service mode to check for errors and got some active alerts just for Service mode and not for customer to see (that´s strange). Went online and found little to no information regardind this stuff.
The error are these:
epas_d076_kfc_das_timo; (power steering?)
thc_w0134_radrightshutrnofeedbk;
thc_w0130_rad_leftshutrnofeedbk;
thc_w0126_condrightshutrnofeedbk;
thc_w0122_condleftshutrnofeedbk;
thc_d0021_rccmactuator; (AC flap?)
thc_d0018_activeaero.
Are any of these a real problem? What should I do?

Thanks guys

The " thc_" items are not a problem but when I worked for Tesla I would clear mine. There is a toolbox sequence that can be run to re-sync the active aero flaps and will clear this. No chance a SC will do this anymore with the volume of customers they have now.
Thanks for the answer!!
And the EPAS do you have some info about it?

Cheers

The " thc_" items are not a problem but when I worked for Tesla I would clear mine. There is a toolbox sequence that can be run to re-sync the active aero flaps and will clear this. No chance a SC will do this anymore with the volume of customers they have now.
That’s interesting - so the No sync alerts for the flaps just need resynchonising? Mine don’t open during supercharging any more - I wonder if this would fix that (They do work at other times and open/close when connecting the charge cable)

Thanks for the answer!!
And the EPAS do you have some info about it?

Cheers

THC_d0018 activeaero error is in a lot (if not all?) of Model S lately. Could be it has to do something with the unreleased Plaids active aero but that's wild guessing:

Tesla-Model-S-Plaid-Aero-brake.jpg

About your EPAS error I found this:

Reactions: elee888
Hi, is there a way to do this re-sync myself? If so how?
same here, I just saw playing with service mode alerts for this. any suggestions? or is this a service reqeust, blodg1

*Edit* I have the thc rad left alert and active aero alert. I just looked and realized my car doesn't have the center active louver. so I believe the alert is for that, but my 2013 p85 is a mesh grille.

Reactions: Splat
same here, I just saw playing with service mode alerts for this. any suggestions? or is this a service reqeust, blodg1

*Edit* I have the thc rad left alert and active aero alert. I just looked and realized my car doesn't have the center active louver. so I believe the alert is for that, but my 2013 p85 is a mesh grille.
how can you tell there is no center active louver? I want to check in my S85 2014 . Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
how can you tell there is no center active louver? I want to check in my S85 2014 . Thanks

note my car is a 2013 P85 no AP. not sure if my car is meant to be like this. my car is preowned from tesla and has been to tesla svc many times. no mention of this, so it must be a new issue, or they didnt care to fix it. im out of warranty now.

i went to look at the center part and its just a grille that passes thru to the radiator. although after waking the car up i saw / heard my side louvers test and noises / thud sounds coming from the center. i dont have any pieces or flaps in the center that i can see, maybe the center louvers are tucked back and not visible.

but there either a sensor or servo on the driver side sticking out.

either my center louvers are stuck open or the pieces are completely missing. my guess is they are stuck open hence the noises. i’ll have to look and research more. if anyone else has experience chime in.

note my car tests the louvers upon waking the car. not when plugging in as i’ve read in other posts. i’ll link a vid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Splat
Would you share that link?

What is the active aero error?
I have several of these and see that my left front Louver is broken - looks like somebody put the fascia back on the car with the louver open, jamming the bottom one open, and the motor broke the mechanism.

I also have Service alert "EPAS_d076_KFC_DAS_TIMO" for my 2013 MS AP 0.

So, looking at post #6 of this thread, from this web site, if I don't have "Drivers Assistance System (DAS) hardware", I can ignore this error.

I am assuming that "Drivers Assistance System (DAS) hardware" is Auto Pilot, which I don't have.
Did anyone else have the same error in Service Mode?
Brian

Does anyone have a link to a webpage for these Service Mode Alert details or required service info? The online 2021+ Owners Manual Troubleshooting section includes many of them, but no THC alerts. I have a late 2014 Model S with AP1 and currently show repeated THC_w0134, d0021 and d0018 alerts.

There's a pretty extensive list here:

Sorry, that link went to a gaming/hacker site.

Reactions: hydro