Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up a 2022 LR next week and wondered how the quality control has been recently? Hear lots of stories of issues with the Y and people refusing delivery. Maybe I have just not seen it but generally does the S have less issues?

Trying to figure out if I can sell my current car or if the risk of getting issues with the S means I should play it safe?

Picking up a 2022 LR next week and wondered how the quality control has been recently? Hear lots of stories of issues with the Y and people refusing delivery. Maybe I have just not seen it but generally does the S have less issues?

Trying to figure out if I can sell my current car or if the risk of getting issues with the S means I should play it safe?
I’m picking up my LR tomorrow and just bringing a checklist. If there is something major external I’ll refuse. Otherwise I’ll just have them fix. Just want to have it documented right away as I live 80 miles from my service center.

Reactions: gbailey

Picked up mine last Friday. Every thing is great. Only missing the cargo deck cover. I was told later it is in backorder.

I’m picking up my LR tomorrow and just bringing a checklist. If there is something major external I’ll refuse. Otherwise I’ll just have them fix. Just want to have it documented right away as I live 80 miles from my
Picked up mine last Friday. Every thing is great. Only missing the cargo deck cover. I was told later it is in backorder.
Did it comes with the shelf for the trunk area? Also did Tesla tell you about the missing part or did you have to point it out?

Did it comes with the shelf for the trunk area? Also did Tesla tell you about the missing part or did you have to point it out?
There should be a cover. Other wise, you open the trunk and there is a well. The cover makes the trunk a flat surface like any other car. Tesla never said a word about it until I confronted them. It is still not available.

I was missing a few things like the trunk cover and floor mats when I took delivery this week. Relatively minor issues, should be an easy fix.

OTOH not near as good as our MY. It was pretty much put together as well as I've ever seen a Tesla done. Didn't need anything done at delivery.

I'd rate our S about 92/100. Door rubs on the fender when closing because of slight fender misalignment. The frunk has a bigger gap on one side than the other. Everything else looked pretty good and the interior was very well done. Still looking for issue as it goes in for the external issues next week.

Almost forgot, couldn't get the key fobs to pair. The person who delivered it worked for 20 minutes and couldn't get either one to pair.

Mind did have the shelf for the lower trunk well. It was only missing the folding privacy shelf that you can use to hide what is in the back of the car.

As I was going my checklist my Tesla guy (super friendly guy btw) assured me that they have checklists too and it is all going to be perfect. Lol

I spoke to another guy when I noticed the lack of the folding privacy panel for the trunk. At first he thought I was talking about an add-on but I assured him it was not for sale and comes with the vehicle. Then he realized what I meant and although there were none in stock he gave me one from another car on the lot.

Car has been superb otherwise. I went with the Tesla floor mats and added the Evannex left foot pad rest which fits great in the refreshed model S.

This is my first Tesla so I’m still on the learning curve. Doinked my safety score a little while figuring the car out so I am resetting that today. I can really see what the buzz and excitement is about. This car is a techie’s dream.

Reactions: mp1024
56579E99-FD2B-4612-84F5-3A7661E02AB7.jpeg

Here is that foot rest dead pedal. Your potentially wet/dirty left foot would otherwise rest on carpet even with the all weather mats. Looks nice as well.

I was missing a few things like the trunk cover and floor mats when I took delivery this week. Relatively minor issues, should be an easy fix.

OTOH not near as good as our MY. It was pretty much put together as well as I've ever seen a Tesla done. Didn't need anything done at delivery.

I'd rate our S about 92/100. Door rubs on the fender when closing because of slight fender misalignment. The frunk has a bigger gap on one side than the other. Everything else looked pretty good and the interior was very well done. Still looking for issue as it goes in for the external issues next week.

Almost forgot, couldn't get the key fobs to pair. The person who delivered it worked for 20 minutes and couldn't get either one to pair.
Just the obvious. Did you remove the paper that block the battery from contact. Had to take out the battery and pull out the paper to allow battery power.

• Funny
Reactions: mswlogo and mp1024
I need that. I was disappointed the Tesla all weather mats didn’t cover the dead pedal carpet so this would solve the issue for me. Where did you get it and how does it install?
It has a double adhesive on the back that’s hopefully not so sticky it would be an issue on the carpet. Some people use it without using the adhesive. You could also use Velcro stickers although it doesn’t come with them.

Has anyone put together sort of an accessory list of popular accessories that will fit the refreshed S? Amazon is worthless to search as you can't omit any keywords like you used to. As a result you are inundated with 3/Y stuff.

Has anyone put together sort of an accessory list of popular accessories that will fit the refreshed S? Amazon is worthless to search as you can't omit any keywords like you used to. As a result you are inundated with 3/Y stuff.
I totally agree. You have to read the description on Amazon very carefully because even you filter the search with the exact model, they still list many other non-compatible products. I tried to buy a rear spoiler for my 2022 refresh and most of the merchants list 2001-2021. When I asked a question on one product listing, one response said yes, it fits mine and one said "I doubt it". Finally I asked the supplier and they said yes it will. I just received it and I will see if it really fits. There are many "junks" on Amazon for us looking to spend on our new cars. Beware, many are over priced such as a color tape on the brake calibers for $35. Most are for cosmetic and some will make your car looked ugly.