Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - 4 year scheduled maintenace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to be difficult, but I do not know how to perform this task. Y'all are just going to have to take my word! Sorry!

I take your word but I needed a proof that it is done elsewhere. Muzzman1 posted his so I will talk to my service folks here. I wont show Muzzman document unless Tesla folks simply refuse that they made a mistake and tell me again that Tesla does not do it.

I just emailed the SC. I'm dropping the car off at 9 tomorrow morning.
I will insist they perform it as it is listed on the website, otherwise I will ask for a $125 discount because this would be the same as a 2yr service.
They also eliminated DU service? I know for a fact that I had my DU's fluid replaced on a previous service.
View attachment 319599

The second I hit "post" I got a reply. It is in fact included, here's the email I just got:

Here is the list of a 4th annual service

- Replace wiper blades

- Replace key fob battery

- Replace cabin particulate filter

- Verify normal operation of all exterior and interior lights

- Verify normal operation of doors and windows

- Verify normal operation of hood, lift-gate and charge port door

- Verify normal operation of key fob functions

- Verify horn operation

- Check firmware version: Stage to latest version

- Top off washer fluid

- Check and Adjust tire pressure to

- Perform Brake Flush

- Replace AC Desiccant bag

- Measure brake pad friction material

- Visually inspect cooling system for leaks

- Perform thermal test

- Visually inspect suspension

- Visually inspect HV battery enclosure

- Perform ride height calibration and four wheel alignment

- Replace coolant fluid

-Torque Lug Nuts to 175nm

What is DU service? Was that done? I sent an email to my Tesla service folks with regards to the coolant replacement. Let us see what they say now. Hopefully, they will resolve this. I am still somewhat bummed all about it.

Thank you so much, Muzzman.

I will need to contact my Tesla Service as to the reason that they told me that it is no longer done since June 13 and why it was not done on my car for the 4 year /50k service. Now I did note that the following were not mentioned on yours either:

a. No mention of brake inspection and depth information (#)
B. No mention that hinges were lubricated. If you have pano sunroof, no mention that it was lubricated/cleaned.

Raza
No Problem,
Regarding brakes and Pano: They were done although they were only hand written by the tech on Tesla's notes. I did not get a copy. I asked for the copy of the alignment and they did provide that.

Just a little epiphany I had recently -- if you don't really think the scheduled service visits are helpful, but you are REQUIRED to do them to keep from voiding the ESA -- maybe you only need to do the first three, since the fourth one is due at the end of the ESA anyway.

Who cares if they void it as it expires?

This was from last week :

I wonder if they will adjust the cost accordingly?
Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 10.05.37 AM.png

Just had my 4th annual service completed today and battery coolant was replaced...

Corrections: 4 Year/50000 Mile/80000 km Service

- Pulled logs and checked for active faults: No Active faults

- Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version

- Performed function check of closures (moving glass, doors, trunks): Cleaned and

lubricated latches. Good, no issue

- Tested and inspected charging with shop's cable.

- Replaced:

Wiper Blades

Key Fob Battery

Cabin Air Filter

Replaced HEPA filter (if equipped) A/C Desiccant Filter and charge A/C System

Changed Brake Fluid

Battery Coolant

- Torque Steering Gear Bolts: Good, no issue

- Remote Keyless Entry: Good, no issue

- Seat belts and latches: Good, no issue

- Interior/exterior lighting and horn: Good, no issue

- Performed inspection of powertrain and chassis components: Good, no issues.

- Checked fluid levels: Topped off washer fluid. Brake and coolant levels optimal. No signs

of leakage

- Inspected tires and rotated as necessary

- Measured tire tread depth

- Adjusted tire pressures to B-pillar spec:

45psi Front, 45psi Rear

- Measured brake pad thickness (mm)

- Performed 4 wheel alignment and adjusted as necessary

- Test drive: Vehicle functions as designed

I just had my 4 years service done and they did not change out the battery coolant.

Corrections: 4 Year/50000 Mile/80000 km Service
- Pulled logs and checked for active faults: No active faults. - Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version available. - Performed function check of closures (moving glass, doors, trunks): Cleaned and lubricated latches. Good, no issue. - Tested and inspected customer¶s charge cable: Good, no issue. Vehicle charged normally @40amps. - Replaced: - Wiper Blades - Key Fob Battery - Cabin Air Filter - Remote Keyless Entry: Good, no issue - Seat belts and latches: Good, no issue - Interior/exterior lighting and horn: Good, no issue - Performed inspection of powertrain and chassis components: Good, no issues. - Checked fluid levels: Topped off washer fluid. Brake and coolant levels optimal. No signs of leakage. - Inspected tires and rotated as necessary. - Measured tire tread depth at: (Outer) (Center) (Inner) LF: 9/32 9/32 9/32 RF: 9/32 9/32 9/32 LR: 9/32 9/32 9/32 RR: 9/32 9/32 9/32 - Adjusted tire pressures to B-pillar spec. - Performed 4-wheel alignment - Test drive: Vehicle functions as designed

They did replaced almost the entire drivetrain to fix the milling sound in the drive unit.

Concern: My drive unit starting making a whining/grinding sound recently. It is very annoying between 0-30 mph under any acceleration.
Pay Type: Warranty
Corrections: Exterior NVH General Diagnosis
Tech test drove the vehicle and recommended the rear drive unit be replaced due to the noise present. While performing a visual inspection the tech recommended replacement of the rear axles and wheel bearings.
Corrections: Drive Unit - Rear - Large
Replaced rear drive unit assembly. Filled drive unit assembly with Tesla recommended fluid. Installed unit in vehicle and updated vehicle firmware. Confirmed all hardware was torqued to value specified in the Tesla service manual. Performed a coolant air purge and confirmed coolant was a nominal level. Performed a 4 wheel alignment. Test drove vehicle and confirmed vehicle drives as designed with no alerts present.
Part Quantity
ASY,P-TRAIN,RMN,MDLSX,SPORT,CMC,HS (1025598-00-P)
HIGH VOLTAGE INVERTER ENCLOSURE COVER O-RING (1003784-00-A)
SIDE MOTOR MOUNT ASSEMBLY (1028034 -00-B)
212-B ATF (1031106-00-A) 2
Parts Replaced or Added
Corrections: Rear Axle / Hub Bearing Assy - 2
Replaced both rear half-shaft axles and wheel bearing hub assemblies. Torqued the rear suspension components to manufacture specifications.
Part Quantity
REAR HALFSHAFT 36 MM, PERFORMANCE (1007719-01-B)
NUT HF M24x1.5 [8.8] ZnFl-W (1020297-00A)
WASHER SAFETY M24x39 (1020296-00-B) 2
RR SUSP HUB AND BEARING ASSY PERFORMANCE (1027170-00-A)

• Informative
Reactions: mambro