Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 75 on the way But.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I have a solid black model S 75 on the way; ordered a couple of weeks ago on the new inventory site - its a demo model ~ 2K miles on it.

Here are my concerns

1. I live in California - when I ordered I was told car was in Seattle; turns out its actually being transferred from Canada - Do I care about this? (weather, battery etc)
  2. Apparently the truck is experiencing storms; its been raining cats and dogs in northern Cal - I asked the delivery person if cars were covered or uncovered - she said they didn't know; should I be concerned?
  3. Said I could inspect before signing; but wouldn't they just buff out any scratches for delivery day that I'd find out about later? What do I look for and check/verify besides the the exterior?
  4. Or maybe I'm just overthinking this whole thing :)
  5. Just a comment; I do not care much for the the OA and team; the CPO team I dealt with was OUTSTANDING! but I went a different direction and have noticed a complete drop in the level of service and responsiveness.

Personally, but this is just my opinion, I feel you are overthinking it. I could be misunderstanding you, but if I get you concerns you are questioning if your car would be okay because it has seen some rain? That sounds very strange to me, living in a country where it rains plenty.

As with any car (brand new or former demo) you should inspect it at delivery. You need to properly check for damage to interior and exterior panels, as those are damages that you cannot proof existed on delivery day after you've driven it a couple hundred miles. Other stuff like technical defects are less an issue, those will be repaired within warranty without questions.

Personally, but this is just my opinion, I feel you are overthinking it. I could be misunderstanding you, but if I get you concerns you are questioning if your car would be okay because it has seen some rain? That sounds very strange to me, living in a country where it rains plenty.

As with any car (brand new or former demo) you should inspect it at delivery. You need to properly check for damage to interior and exterior panels, as those are damages that you cannot proof existed on delivery day after you've driven it a couple hundred miles. Other stuff like technical defects are less an issue, those will be repaired within warranty without questions.
You are right. thank you