Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s 90D vs. 911 carrera s, tried by myself

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recorded the video last week. The voice of “ohoo” is mine :)

90D is impressive, smooth, the torque was going down slowly, but not aggressive as 911.

Because of the bad GPS signal inside, the speed data in the video from my iPhone is not correct. I use the g data from GSpot and speed from performance box to draw the curves.

Now you could see the difference of them:

3.pic.jpg

By the way, there were two passengers in 911, and three in 90D. So it’s not the best of course.

You may record your data and video too, by using the free GSpot app, all in one.

Please explain the nearly 8 seconds to 100kph. I don't get it.

"Because of the bad GPS signal inside, the speed data in the video from my iPhone is not correct. I use the g data from GSpot and speed from performance box to draw the curves.”

Don’t know if you have noticed I put a p-box outside. For the windshield of tesla jamed the GPS signal. The video used GPS of iPhone, the iPhone was behind the windshield, so the signal was bad.

But the acceleration data from iPhone had not been jamed, it’s accurate enough. So I used it to draw the curve.

FWIW, I'm fortunate enough to own a 2016 MS P90D and a 2010 911 Carrera 4S. My gut tells me all I need to know - the off-the-line acceleration of the P90D beats the 911 hands down, but the race is closer in the 60mph-90mph sprints. Oddly enough, I am enamored with the silent acceleration from a standstill of the MS, but also love the whine of the Porsche engine opening up for the high speed sprints. Lucky I get the best of both worlds!

FWIW, I'm fortunate enough to own a 2016 MS P90D and a 2010 911 Carrera 4S. My gut tells me all I need to know - the off-the-line acceleration of the P90D beats the 911 hands down, but the race is closer in the 60mph-90mph sprints. Oddly enough, I am enamored with the silent acceleration from a standstill of the MS, but also love the whine of the Porsche engine opening up for the high speed sprints. Lucky I get the best of both worlds!

Wow !

I did not drive a p90d, that’s pity.
Guess the curve of P90d could be 10% higher than 911, am I right? I’d like to quantify the feeling in a car :)

You could shoot a short video like this. Which makes easy to see the g data vs. speed :

That will be cool!

wow, that's brave putting the pbox outside! pick up the external GPS antenna and mount it under the rear hatch glass, perfect signal back there...

"Because of the bad GPS signal inside, the speed data in the video from my iPhone is not correct. I use the g data from GSpot and speed from performance box to draw the curves.”

Don’t know if you have noticed I put a p-box outside. For the windshield of tesla jamed the GPS signal. The video used GPS of iPhone, the iPhone was behind the windshield, so the signal was bad.

But the acceleration data from iPhone had not been jamed, it’s accurate enough. So I used it to draw the curve.

A 911 would not stand a chance against a P90D. Would not even be close. A 911 turbo would be closer 0-60 but would again be crushed by a P100D. A regular 911 is not a very fast car. Only 350 HP for the 2016 model. A Corvette Stingray has 455. Mustang GT 435.