Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S and X price and option changes in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla have updated the battery designation, options and prices for Model S and X in the UK.

Standard range Model S is back.

Autopilot now costs £3k, but Naivagte on Autopilot and Advanced summon are part of the FSD package now.

I wonder what that means for those of us who have already paid for Autopilot? In the USA existing Autopilot owners got Navigate...

Having had a little look around a few different countries pricing, it seems that everywhere outside the US is quoting the performance model as including the ludicrious option - whereas in the US, that is an additional $15k.

Given the cheapest inventory P100D is just a shade under £130k, that is a staggering price drop. If they do end up honouring it (which seems unlikely at this point even with the bad feeling it would cause) I wouldn't want to be trying to sell a second hand one right now. Cheapest P100D in the country is a 2016 car for £95k!

The price drop on a P100D MS given the new online configurator price is the better part of £50,000, which seems ludicrous (pardon the pun). If it's not a mistake, Tesla's going to have to adjust the price of their new inventory models - they still have P100Ds listed in the £130k-£135k range.

I've had my car for two years and, if real, this drop would be really irritating. I can't image how I would feel if I'd just taken delivery of one. Tesla is going to have a real PR problem on their hands if this isn't a mistake.

Last edited:
I placed a deposit down earlier on one, and so far communication with sales at Tesla has not indicated anything about mispricing at all, even when I specifically asked what had changed and referenced the significant price drop. One difference is that I'm pretty sure the P100D came with 21" wheels as standard, whereas the new ludicrous performance comes with 19s. I think Autopilot was bundled too for the previous base price of £120k ish?

I tried the wayback machine to see what the pricing was a few days ago to do a direct comparison but it doesn't appear to work. I'd be curious if anything else has changed, and also to know what the GMFV was on the PCP finance. I'm guessing it was around the £60-£65k mark after 4 years based on other models. If this pricing does stick around, Tesla are going to be taking back an awful lot of cars for well above market price from next year....

Last time I checked prices was a few weeks ago when there was a small price drop. For a P100DL with 21" wheels/pearl white (no autopilot/self driving) it was roughly £136k IIRC. That same car is now £88,550. So a drop of about £47,000.

Interesting that, if true, then a P100DL is now slightly cheaper in the UK than it is in the US which makes no sense given 20% UK VAT (US cars have no VAT - each state charges a sales tax upon registration) and that the cars have to be shipped here. Used to be they were roughly the same in GBP as USD.

So has Tesla really decided to make 20+% less per car in the UK (given VAT & shipping costs)? If so, why?

It's only really on the performance model that the GBP/USD approximate parity breaks apart. In the US going, from long range to ludicrous costs an additional $31,000 ($16k to performance, $15k again to ludicrous) .... in the UK, the difference is just over £7k, which is less than $10k. Whilst the real cost difference for enabling ludicrous mode is I'm sure actually very small for Tesla, I can't imagine they intended to make it over 3 times more expensive to upgrade in the US than elsewhere.

I have a Porsche 992 on order, and it's tempting me to or a P100D... I wonder how many P100D's they sold at £130k? If not many, maybe they're trying to build up sales in the UK.

They have a lot of competition coming soon, this pricing changes the game for the Porsche Taycan and others.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I wonder if the price drop is temporary until CCS-equipped cars with new interiors come out.

It is usual for manufacturers to drop the price of an outgoing model before releasing a heavily revised version.

If this P100D price is for real then it would be an absolute no-brainer to spec it over the long range option for only £7k. As above maybe this is a move to retain a competitive edge against the new wave of premium EVs about to hit the market. That or an unbelievable pricing blunder! As the clock ticks I'm inclined to think it's for real.

What's this?

"CCS-equipped cars with new interiors"

CCS is the EU-standard for DC charging. It is a different to the current Type 2 standard installed in the MS and MX. The Model 3 has CCS, so reasonable to expect it on MS and MX at some point.

It is also reasonable to expectthat Tesla will refresh the 7-year old interior of the MS and MX with something similar to the M3.

If this P100D price is for real then it would be an absolute no-brainer to spec it over the long range option for only £7k. As above maybe this is a move to retain a competitive edge against the new wave of premium EVs about to hit the market. That or an unbelievable pricing blunder! As the clock ticks I'm inclined to think it's for real.

According to the guy that runs the official Facebook Group he has had it confirmed it is NOT a pricing blunder.

Reactions: Fellsteruk