Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta Test "Rides" and the Fremont, CA, Factory tour!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the email which states it is for Model S reservation holders but why would they send that email to non-Model S reservation holders? Can someone confirm that this is really just for Model S reservation holders and not for current roadster owners?

The mail has a highlighted box on the right side which states "Want an invitation...? Reserve your Model S now" For marketing reasons they want you to reserve a Model S by waiving the goodie of an invite under your nose. Makes sense.

so far it's just an announcement .... therefore TM send the Mail to everyone in her database ...

For marketing reasons they want you to reserve a Model S by waiving the goodie of an invite under your nose.

kind of teaser ... right ?

I would like to see it on a Shirt :

header_0.jpg

betas_title3.jpg

Last edited:
Can we please not turn this thread into this? Not everyone is into EVs for the uber green credit. With me, discussions about my "Carbon Footprint" is nearly equivalent to PETA telling me I can't have a steak.

It's all hypocritical anyway unless you're living like the Amish folk around here, but if that's what you're about: great. Just don't preach to me.

I hope/expect they will have charge stations setup for people taking a long drive in the Roadster to the event. I'm easily within range without chargers, but it'd be cool if we could line up all the Roadsters that are there.

I didn't see any at visitor parking earlier today. Their security team directed me to ask their corporate headquarters concerning availabity. We'll see if the invitation has additional detail. They're obviously on site. Fremont doesn't have a great charging infrastructure. The closest public chargers are at Solyndra (2 miles south of the Tesla factory).

**Update: Unfortunately the four chargers at Solyndra are private and not available to the general public

Last edited:
Are they really public? Have you tried them? The ones a Google were public at first, but now they made them private.

I'll confirm with Solyndra tomorrow. I haven't charged there as I only live a few miles away. They are ChargePoint chargers. I'll post an update tomorrow.

**Update: Unfortunately the four chargers at Solyndra are private and not available to the general public

Last edited:
Anyone see the Carbon Footprint Elephant-in-the-Room? All this flying to ride in an electric car? Hate to be a party pooper, and I really want to go, but if I do it could only be because I had to be in the close area anyway for some other essential reason.

The European alternative is to see it in March at Geneva, with either electric trains or our own electric rides to take us there.

Can we please not turn this thread into this? Not everyone is into EVs for the uber green credit. With me, discussions about my "Carbon Footprint" is nearly equivalent to PETA telling me I can't have a steak.

It's all hypocritical anyway unless you're living like the Amish folk around here, but if that's what you're about: great. Just don't preach to me.
Fair enough. The Debbie Downer / reality check discussion went here.
wonk waaahh....

I wonder how many questions we can ask? We have SO many outstanding questions about the Model S, they can count on it that we will ask tons of questions, won't we?

The 3-phase support and the charging connector is the biggest outstanding question.

Ofcourse, a lot of questions will be answered by just seeing the car for real, but still :)

Are there any copyright issues in using the Tesla logo and Model S artwork in this manner?! Zazzle has a small reminder on these lines in their image upload dialog. The Tesla shop itself has stuff selling for upwards of $22...

Who knows?! We might get some more shwag in the mail before the event?! I still have the black Tesla T-shirt that they sent some time after my reservation was in - it's still serviceable and I'll wear it for sure for the event! :)

As exciting as it would be to actually be there, I am counting on the eventual test drive, when my sales associate brings the car to me. That's what happened with the Roadster. I'm just going to wait until Tesla either brings me a Model S to drive or when they open a store nearby in Texas.