Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S bluetooth issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having a frustrating issue with my iPhone. I'm on firmware 1.33.59.

The phone pairs fine. But, after about 24 hours the bluetooth audio goes away. The phone part continues to work fine. I can browse my phone book, make and receive calls, no problem. But looking at the bluetooth device screen music will be ghosted. Trying to play any audio, either music or by 3rd party postcast app, will only play via the phone speaker.

If I delete the pairing on both the car and phone I'm unable to pair again until I reboot the center console. The car car cannot find the phone until I reboot the car.

Anyone else seeing this?

I'm having a frustrating issue with my iPhone. I'm on firmware 1.33.59.

The phone pairs fine. But, after about 24 hours the bluetooth audio goes away. The phone part continues to work fine. I can browse my phone book, make and receive calls, no problem. But looking at the bluetooth device screen music will be ghosted. Trying to play any audio, either music or by 3rd party postcast app, will only play via the phone speaker.

If I delete the pairing on both the car and phone I'm unable to pair again until I reboot the center console. The car car cannot find the phone until I reboot the car.

Anyone else seeing this?

I have had a similar problem with my HTC one, but I did find a way to make it work (i didn't like it). Make a call on your phone, the audio will be through the car, stop the call and now try the bluetooth audio, hopefully it plays through the car audio

I've heard from one other iPhone user with the same problem, so I guess it's a firmware bug. This seems to happen every 1-3 days.

The sure fire fix in my case seems to be:

* Delete the car from the phone
* Delete the phone from the car
* Reboot the center console
* pair the phone

If I reboot before un-paring the devices it still won't work. Often, if I un-pair and then try to pair immediately without a reboot the car can't find the phone at all.

Well, I have the most bizarre bug with an iPhone 5 and the 4.5 release: my Contacts list stops its listing at my name (about 25 entries into a list of nearly 3000). However, if I reverse my first and last name, the full contact list appears. This is repeatable, and persists across reboots, dis- and re-connections of Bluetooth, reboots of the phone, etc.

Sorry to revive a slightly old thread....

I get extremely choppy Bluetooth audio streaming. I've tried placing the phone in all sorts of areas. Note that I've used this phone for over a year in *many* other cars without any streaming issues... Mercedes C300, and lots of rental cars like Chevy Sonic, Toyota ____ ... none I've had an issue with. Only the Model S.

Anyone have this same issue? FWIW my phone is a Galaxy S4.