Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Body Refresh Coming in Sept/Oct?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the clarification.

It doesn't need cosmetic exercises directed toward the Model S to distract from that all-important objective.

Larry

We will most certainly agree to disagree.

If Tesla is as single threaded in their thinking as you are suggesting that they need to be, it wont make it. EVERY SINGLE mass market available vehicle and for that matter luxury, and luxury exotic, refreshes their brand largely through cosmetic changes to keep the brand fresh and interesting to those that haven't purchased yet. Tesla needs to multi-task and address both issues facing them or be lost in the sea of competition they face...

As I have mentioned, the entire auto industry builds around this styling/refresh concept. That, coupled with a largely uninformed public, and TM will be required to take some pages of development from the general market.

We keep defaulting back to the knowledge and understanding that TM constantly innovates enough in the form of downloads and other hidden treasures inside a car. Those very exciting developments are hidden under an exterior that hasnt changed one aspect since its release. As a result, these great platform changes are largely unknown to the casual buyer and become a reward for the existing owner, or those doing extra due diligence...thats
high value benfit being hidden from potential buyers....not exactly a way to get to the mass market and 100K + units you mention as the objective.

New Model S or WAIT for Refresh?

I just decided to ditch my X reservation and purchase a newer Model S with dual motors / autopilot... However, I just read through some of the posts on this thread and I can't help but wonder weather Tesla will introduce (more) significant changes to the S within the coming months. Thoughts?

So there is a thread discussing this rumor, and to get people's opinion on that rumor you start a new thread.
Not exactly sure I understand the logic.

Moderators, can we please merge this in the thread referenced?

Thank you to the kind moderator who responded to my request!

Last edited: