Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Cheap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so what’s the gig? Why is this 2022 Model S so cheap? I’m just wondering if this is where the market is, or if there may be something wrong with it. Just looking for opinions. Thanks!!
95B44EF2-7912-43DD-8BDD-A92668139AF0.png
229DB510-2147-4C05-A934-1A2DBFEC50EA.png

Take a look at the list of things not covered by the Xcelerate Auto contract (attached). It seems to me after reviewing this list, that not much is actually covered by Xcelerate Auto, and the things that are covered, are the low cost, infrequently failing parts. After reading the parts exclusion list in the attached images, I do not think that their warranty is worth the (in my case) $3,700 (approximate) cost.

Joe

IMG_6195.png
IMG_6196.png
IMG_6196.png

Upvote 0
Take a look at the list of things not covered by the Xcelerate Auto contract (attached). It seems to me after reviewing this list, that not much is actually covered by Xcelerate Auto, and the things that are covered, are the low cost, infrequently failing parts. After reading the parts exclusion list in the attached images, I do not think that their warranty is worth the (in my case) $3,700 (approximate) cost.

Joe

View attachment 936886View attachment 936887View attachment 936887
Looks fairly standard as far as these things go. Would be curious about how it compares to the Tesla ESA.

Reactions: vickh
Upvote 0
Back in Feb I was looking for a used red/white 22 with low-ish miles and found a few with 15K-ish miles for $75K but I was hoping Tesla would drop prices a little more... sadly the lowest I saw even for a demo was $82K.

There's a sub $70K S near me but this one flipped over in an accident according to the CarFax report lol.

1683851914138.png

Upvote 0
I would not touch any 3rd party warranty with a long pole. It has to be a warranty from Tesla.
Tesla doesn't offer an extended warranty.
In some regions it offers a third party extension, otherwise it's a service agreement.
For some vehicles (e.g. Range Rover) a third party "warranty" product is a "worst case" risk control … it won't help for most problems but if something major goes wrong, it limits the risk of a major expense (where some owners simply won't have the spare cash to cover the cost.)

Upvote 0
Back in Feb I was looking for a used red/white 22 with low-ish miles and found a few with 15K-ish miles for $75K but I was hoping Tesla would drop prices a little more... sadly the lowest I saw even for a demo was $82K.

There's a sub $70K S near me but this one flipped over in an accident according to the CarFax report lol.

View attachment 936894

As long as it flipped back :) That's hard to do with a heavy car like S too

• Funny
Reactions: brainhouston
Upvote 0
Maybe I am misreading your contract. What major parts do you cover?
Like the ESA, we are an exclusionary warranty, meaning that if the part/system is not specifically excluded it is included. We cover suspension components (air ride), upper and lower control arms, half shafts, trailing links, braking system (excluding normal service items like brake pads/rotors), electrical switches/motors, inverters (charger), rectifiers, transformers, sensors (cameras/radars/proximity) battery thermal management, HVAC (heating/ventilation/air conditioning), and much more. Tesla Service is set up to replace rather than repair components, which can be quite costly.
Traditional extended warranties don't work very well with Tesla's process, insisting on labor rate reduction (Tesla won't) or passing on the difference between covered hourly rate and Tesla rates back to their customers. We pay full rack rate for service hours, insist on OEM parts (whenever possible) and send your vehicle to Tesla Service, not some third party shop.
XCare simply provides the best, most flexible coverage available.
If you'd like to learn more, we're having our semi-annual Virtual Town Hall tomorrow. Click on the link below to register:

Upvote 0